The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's going to happen again:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695575-shohei-ohtani-the-best-baseball-player-in-the-world-isnt-in-mlbyet

The Jays will be outbid (again) by a big market team, but man, this guy would make a huge impact on the team...

Yeah I saw something about this guy a few months ago sounded like the new era Babe Ruth, will definitely be worth to much for the Jays to afford but he definitely sounds like a total package player!

17 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah I saw something about this guy a few months ago sounded like the new era Babe Ruth, will definitely be worth to much for the Jays to afford but he definitely sounds like a total package player!

If Jays can't afford him that means only LA, SF, NYY and BOS can.

18 hours ago, Xbox said:

If Jays can't afford him that means only LA, SF, NYY and BOS can.

I really believe that he'll end up in the NL. A guy like him is going to want to swing the bat and that will only happen in the Senior Circuit.

LA/SF seem like the likely bets, but I could see both the Nats and the Cubbies opening their wallets for this guy. Personally, I'm pulling for the former Expos...

On 11/5/2017 at 8:50 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'd add Texas on there as well they like spending money.

Although sure would be interesting to see someone like the Astros go after him they have lots of money to spend and I'm sure they made a lot this year!

On 11/6/2017 at 10:27 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I really believe that he'll end up in the NL. A guy like him is going to want to swing the bat and that will only happen in the Senior Circuit.

LA/SF seem like the likely bets, but I could see both the Nats and the Cubbies opening their wallets for this guy. Personally, I'm pulling for the former Expos...

Jays will get him :)

If you could describe Halladay in one word, when he’s on the field, it would be workhorse. He rarely has a bad game, but when he does, he still goes 7-8 innings. You rarely see that in pitchers, today.

Off the field he was a class act. I remember a story they did when he threw his first ever perfect game. He bought every single player and staff gold plated watches with their initials engraved on them.

I never met the guy, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad thing said about him when he’s in public greeting fans.

It’s just despressing, that he never won a championship.

Edited by shiznak

49 minutes ago, shiznak said:

If you could describe Halladay in one word, when he’s on the field, it would be workhorse. He rarely has a bad game, but when he does, he still goes 7-8 innings. You rarely see that in pitchers, today.

Off the field he was a class act. I remember a story they did when he threw his first ever perfect game. He bought every single player and staff gold plated watches with their initials engraved on them.

I never met the guy, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad thing said about him when he’s in public greeting fans.

It’s just despressing, that he never won a championship.

That's a good one. Another would be "stopper". I remember hearing once how he had this incredible record of stopping losing streaks...

Just terrible news...:(