The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Just now, shiznak said:

Happy for Eddie, proving the doubters wrong.

Also, Shoemaker sporting a nice 0.94 ERA in 3 starts.

Jays aren't going to contend this year, but it would sure be nice to see the Mariners maintain this start all season.

12 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I see Tulo has an injured calf and went on the Injured List :lol: 

It would be funny if the Jays weren't paying him a ton of money to be on someone else's DL.....

I guess the good news is that Freddy G is looking like a great pick up.

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It would be funny if the Jays weren't paying him a ton of money to be on someone else's DL.....

I guess the good news is that Freddy G is looking like a great pick up.

It's definitely still funny and actually more funny because his argument was to be a starter and after a year and a half of recovering he couldn't even stay healthy for the first week :lol:.

Regarding the money and btw it's not DL anymore they changed it to IL going to take sometime to get used to, but who cares if he's getting paid... It's Rogers money and imo how cheap they have been before I'm glad they're having to pay him still, makes it even more funnier :lol:

Jays appear to be on their way to yet another loss, but reliever Thomas Pannone became only the third Jays pitcher to throw an Immaculate inning. Pannone struck out the side in the top of the 5th, with 9 straight strikes.

Small victories....

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jays appear to be on their way to yet another loss, but reliever Thomas Pannone became only the third Jays pitcher to throw an Immaculate inning. Pannone struck out the side in the top of the 5th, with 9 straight strikes.

Small victories....

I’m listening on the radio.  For some reason I really enjoy baseball on the radio.  The Jays were close, but that big inning killed them.  

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m listening on the radio.  For some reason I really enjoy baseball on the radio.  The Jays were close, but that big inning killed them.  

Had the bases loaded twice w2hen they were down 3-1. Couldn't come up with a two-out hit.

Story of the season so far....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Had the bases loaded twice w2hen they were down 3-1. Couldn't come up with a two-out hit.

Story of the season so far....

Have you heard a time frame for Junior to play?  There’s a guy who will knock in runners.  

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have you heard a time frame for Junior to play?  There’s a guy who will knock in runners.  

They should be looking at doing it soon, since Friday was the deadline day to have an extra year of his service so now that's passed it's just a matter of time now.

Just a small sample size of Vlad Jr. since coming back from injury.

Through three games at Triple-A, Guerrero is hitting .500/.583/.900 with a home run, five RBIs, and a stolen base. He hasn't struck out in any of his 12 plate appearances.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, shiznak said:

After signing a big contract, I see Sale has mailed it in. An ERA over 9, yikes.

Always gives me the warm and fuzzies to see a big spending club strike out on a FA signing. (Carl Crawford to the Red Sox comes to mind)

Still, it's early and I'm not going to get too excited about Sale's slow start.

As far as I can tell, the service time issue for Vlad has passed. 171 days is the magic number.

That being said, he just got promoted to AAA. I'm not sure if there are any rules about how long before being promoted another step.

• Wat 1