Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

he will be setting a new aav for #1 starting pitcher

will be $35 million range for sure for aav

look at price's contract

stras is better then him

Oh you're talking $40M per year lol okay gotcha now, well he's definitely looking for more then $25M per year avg, and after his world series performance shouldn't be hard for him to get, his base salary this year was $35M so he's going to want at least that I'm guessing, and maybe more.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I don't think he'll get as much as Cole simply for age

That's going to be interesting, Cole is coming off a $13.5M contract, he'll definitely be looking at the $30-40M aav range no doubt, they could just end up being similar though, I think age will factor in for length of contract mostly.

• Cheers 1

I think it's obvious that Cole and Strasbourg are going to get paid, so I think it goes without saying that the Jays won't take a run at either of them.

Some of the names that I think (hope) are possibles are Zach Wheeler, Jake Odorizzi and maybe Wade Miley...

22 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think it's obvious that Cole and Strasbourg are going to get paid, so I think it goes without saying that the Jays won't take a run at either of them.

Some of the names that I think (hope) are possibles are Zach Wheeler, Jake Odorizzi and maybe Wade Miley...

I wish they were available the following year instead, that's when the Jays should be ready to spend some bigger money on guys, they got one more year of this mini rebuild, then they should be a stronger team. They will probably try and grab a cheaper one for a couple years maybe this year, but who is anyone's question. Couple guys I looked at Alex Wood might be someone who could come cheaper he had a off year this year by the looks of it, could easily rebound back for next year. Madison Baumgarner might be a little more expensive but could be a good one for the long run. The following year I see Paxton is a free agent that's the one I'd be interested in, but these are all lefties I mentioned, so obviously can't load up on all lefties, but some options though.

• Cheers 1

Brewers trade Chase Anderson to Blue Jays, allow Thames to go free

MILWAUKEE -- The Brewers cut $15 million in payroll for next season, trading right-hander Chase Anderson to the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday for prospect Chad Spanberger and declining a $7.5 million option on first baseman Eric Thames.

Anderson was 8-4 with a 4.21 ERA in 27 starts and five relief appearances. Milwaukee had planned to decline his $8.5 million option, which would have made him eligible for salary arbitration.

Anderson, 31, was 38-27 with a 3.38 ERA in 166 appearances over four seasons with the Brewers, who acquired him with infielders Aaron Hill and Isan Diaz from Arizona in January 2016 for Jean Segura and Tyler Wagner.

Anderson went 12-4 with a 2.74 ERA in 2017 and signed an $11.75 million, two-year contract with a pair of club options.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/brewers-trade-chase-anderson-to-blue-jays-allow-thames-to-go-free-1.4669746

8 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Brewers trade Chase Anderson to Blue Jays, allow Thames to go free

MILWAUKEE -- The Brewers cut $15 million in payroll for next season, trading right-hander Chase Anderson to the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday for prospect Chad Spanberger and declining a $7.5 million option on first baseman Eric Thames.

Anderson was 8-4 with a 4.21 ERA in 27 starts and five relief appearances. Milwaukee had planned to decline his $8.5 million option, which would have made him eligible for salary arbitration.

Anderson, 31, was 38-27 with a 3.38 ERA in 166 appearances over four seasons with the Brewers, who acquired him with infielders Aaron Hill and Isan Diaz from Arizona in January 2016 for Jean Segura and Tyler Wagner.

Anderson went 12-4 with a 2.74 ERA in 2017 and signed an $11.75 million, two-year contract with a pair of club options.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/brewers-trade-chase-anderson-to-blue-jays-allow-thames-to-go-free-1.4669746

Seems like not a high price for someone that can throw starting MLB innings.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah seems like a good deal actually

Sounds like the Brewers really didn't want to pay his salary.  If this trade means 25 fewer bullpen days I'll gladly let Rogers pay the 8.5 million (or whatever it is)

On 11/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, Wilbur said:

Sounds like the Brewers really didn't want to pay his salary.  If this trade means 25 fewer bullpen days I'll gladly let Rogers pay the 8.5 million (or whatever it is)

It's one less arm they have to pay from acquiring in FA, so it's kind of a win win.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

15 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Unfortunately we can’t afford it. The blue jays will only be willing to spend 50-55 million(not including Tulo’s retained salary). 

And it’s understandable considering we were a bottom 3 team in the majors. 

Not sure how much you think Edwin is going to get on the market, but he’s a 36 yrs old DH, who just had an awful post-season. Batting under .200. While he still has pop in his bat. He doesn’t do much anything else. I would be surprise if he gets anything north of 15M.

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

Not sure how much you think Edwin is going to get on the market, but he’s a 36 yrs old DH, who just had an awful post-season. Batting under .200. While he still has pop in his bat. He doesn’t do much anything else. I would be surprise if he gets anything north of 15M.

I think he might get 5-10 million. But I think that’s way too rich for our management.

Regarding Edwin I thought about it, but I think they want to give Tellez the door for 1st and share it with Drury probably and split the DH role with him or other players they have. I don't think money is an issue with having Edwin I just think they feel comfortable with the players they have now instead. Not going to lie I always thought the DH role would of been good for Travis of course if he got healthy enough unfortunately that never happened, and now he's a free agent so one less guy.

58 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I kept reading and hearing about Vladdy regarding his off season workout right now and that he's really pushing himself supposedly, and in some great shape, well finally found a video of him and have to admit he looks really good right now.

Vladdy Jr. looks great, but he needs a couple new friends.  :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Regarding Edwin I thought about it, but I think they want to give Tellez the door for 1st and share it with Drury probably and split the DH role with him or other players they have. I don't think money is an issue with having Edwin I just think they feel comfortable with the players they have now instead. Not going to lie I always thought the DH role would of been good for Travis of course if he got healthy enough unfortunately that never happened, and now he's a free agent so one less guy.

Doubt Drury will  be an everyday guy for the Jays. He’s more likely an utility guy who comes off the bench. Edwin will be the everyday DH, while Tellez gets most of the playing time at 1B.

Edited by shiznak

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Doubt Drury will  be an everyday guy for the Jays. He’s more likely an utility guy who comes off the bench. Edwin will be the everyday DH, while Tellez gets most of the playing time at 1B.

He is the utility guy, so when Tellez plays 3-4 in a row, Drury comes in and fills in at 1st and Tellez can DH, when Vladdy needs a break Drury comes in and plays 3rd and Vladdy can DH, but I still see them utilizing Drury in the DH role when he's not playing the field, so I don't see them wasting money on a DH when they have someone already under contract to do that.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup