The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

21 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

@shiznak

Report: Blue Jays considering Encarnacion, Smoak for 1B opening

Free-agent sluggers Edwin Encarnacion and Justin Smoak are getting consideration from the Toronto Blue Jays for the club's vacancy at first base, Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet reports.

The Blue Jays are also intrigued by international free-agent Yo$&!#omo Tsutsugo, according to Nicholson-Smith. However, multiple American League Central teams are also reportedly interested in the 28-year-old Japanese first baseman/outfielder

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1902130

If Shatkins wants to win some of the fans back. The smart business move would be to bring back the parrot.

Report: Blue Jays looking at Happ reunion

The Toronto Blue Jays are on the hunt for starting pitching this offseason, and that interest could lead them to a pitcher from their past.

Toronto has asked the New York Yankees about trading for left-hander J.A. Happ, according to SNY's Andy Martino, who also mentioned the Milwaukee Brewers as a team to watch on Happ.

Additionally, Martino noted that "plenty" of National League teams would like to add the lefty.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1902493

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

If Shatkins wants to win some of the fans back. The smart business move would be to bring back the parrot.

It's a tough one imo, my gut instinct is go with Edwin, but if the guy they're getting is to help mentor Tellez at 1B, I would have to go with Smoak because of his history at 1B a lot more experience then EE at 1B.

32 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It's a tough one imo, my gut instinct is go with Edwin, but if the guy they're getting is to help mentor Tellez at 1B, I would have to go with Smoak because of his history at 1B a lot more experience then EE at 1B.

I think Vladdy J and Lourdes could used a guy like Edwin on the team, not just Tellez.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Cole was never an option for the Blue Jays, but hot damn, 324M over 9 years

$#%&@ the Yankees.  I can stand any high profile going to almost any other team* but the Yankees.  UGH!

*don't like it when they go to Boston either

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

$#%&@ the Yankees.  I can stand any high profile going to almost any other team* but the Yankees.  UGH!

*don't like it when they go to Boston either

Boston's looking to shed salary and will probably lose Price and Betts. I definitely hated them more when they had Ferrell and threw money at Price

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Blue Jays add another non-sexy innings eater in Roark

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-agree-deal-pitcher-tanner-roark/

Can't say I really know anything about him, but MLB innings are MLB innings and the Jays didn't have enough of those last year.

He’s a reliable 3/4 guy. But the jays will probably use him as their ace, unless they really shock and get a keuchal or ryu

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Blue Jays add another non-sexy innings eater in Roark

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-agree-deal-pitcher-tanner-roark/

Can't say I really know anything about him, but MLB innings are MLB innings and the Jays didn't have enough of those last year.

Yep. It's certainly no reason to start planning the parade, but he's an MLB starter....

....now if they can just swing a deal for Ryu and/or Keuchel...(like S_T#37 said)

Edited by RUPERTKBD

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/bluejays/report-blue-jays-agree-to-2-year-deal-with-japanese-pitcher-yamaguchi/ar-BBY5Yvp?ocid=spartandhp

"

The Toronto Blue Jays reached an agreement with Japanese right-hander Shun Yamaguchi, pending a physical, a source told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.

It's a two-year deal worth just over $6 million with performance bonuses, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.

Toronto will have to pay the Yomiuri Giants a transfer fee based on a percentage of the contract's value.

Yamaguchi led Japan's Central League with 188 strikeouts last season and authored a 2.91 ERA in 170 innings. The 32-year-old registered 111 saves in the early stages of his career before transitioning to a starting pitcher.

The Blue Jays believe Yamaguchi will likely be used in a relief role, according to Rosenthal.

Toronto's projected 2020 rotation features Tanner Roak, Chase Anderson, Matt Shoemaker, Trent Thornton, and Ryan Borucki. However, the team is also reportedly interested in left-handers Hyun-Jin Ryu and Dallas Keuchel.

The only other Japanese players who have played for the Blue Jays are infielder Munenori Kawasaki, outfielder Nori Aoki, and right-handers Tomo Ohka and Ryota Igarashi.

Copyright © 2019 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Justin Smoak to the Brewers.

I'm actually happy about this. Smoaky deserves a shot at the post season, and the Brewers are definite contenders.

As far as the Jays go, I could see them picking up a right handed bat (I'm not optimistic about Edwing, though) and going with a platoon at 1st / DH. Hopefull, Rowdy takes another step forward next season.

19 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Justin Smoak to the Brewers.

I'm actually happy about this. Smoaky deserves a shot at the post season, and the Brewers are definite contenders.

As far as the Jays go, I could see them picking up a right handed bat (I'm not optimistic about Edwing, though) and going with a platoon at 1st / DH. Hopefull, Rowdy takes another step forward next season.

Ozuna?

15 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Ozuna?

It's a possibility, although the Jays might prefer a natural 1st baseman. I'm actually a bit surprised that we haven't heard any talk about bringing Eric Thames back...They'd probably prefer a righty to complement Tellez, but they could probably plug in Vladdy or Drury against tough lefties once in a while...