The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

39 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Bichette, Vlad, Martin, and Biggio are most likely going to be the Jays infield for years to come.

I wonder if they'll groom him to be CF.  Shortstops at lower levels generally are good enough athletes to transition to other positions.  Jays desperately need some high end OF prospects.  Probably their biggest hole. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I wonder if they'll groom him to be CF.  Shortstops at lower levels generally are good enough athletes to transition to other positions.  Jays desperately need some high end OF prospects.  Probably their biggest hole. 

I think that they probably will.  Groshans is a SS and the Jays #2 prospect.  It's possible that they might trade Groshans for an arm too.

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

I think that they probably will.  Groshans is a SS and the Jays #2 prospect.  It's possible that they might trade Groshans for an arm too.

In a perfect world, the arms they've drafted will pan out and they can shift Vladdy to 1B and Groshans can slide in at 3B.  Probably won't happen though as I get the feeling Vladdy likes 3rd and the Jays will do their best to keep him happy.  Kinda like years ago when Delgado probably should've DH'd but didn't want to, so the Jays kept him at 1B

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

In a perfect world, the arms they've drafted will pan out and they can shift Vladdy to 1B and Groshans can slide in at 3B.  Probably won't happen though as I get the feeling Vladdy likes 3rd and the Jays will do their best to keep him happy.  Kinda like years ago when Delgado probably should've DH'd but didn't want to, so the Jays kept him at 1B

Pearson is one good arm we have coming up.  Hopefully we have couple surprises too.

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Geez, are the Blue Jays going to be able to play this year?  Nobody seems to want them.

I've heard they may share Pittsburgh's park.

Dunedin is probably too hot and not good/big enough for tv viewing; which lets out the idea of having them play at the Nat in Vancouver.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Dunedin is probably too hot and not good/big enough for tv viewing; which lets out the idea of having them play at the Nat in Vancouver.

Pittsburgh department of health doesn't want them.  https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/pennsylvania-department-health-wont-allow-blue-jays-play-pnc-park/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

The players don't want to play in any non MLB parks because of the clubhouses apparently. That's what is making it harder to find them a place to play.

• Thanks 1