The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Whew! Pulled THAT one out. The bullpen always seems to make it interesting. Four more homers today and man is it nice to beat those dastardly red stockings! Excited to watch Hutch tomorrow. Beantown won't know what hit them. This kid is the real deal!

Thought we were going to blow that one in the 8th. Huge win

Easiest way to fix baseball.

Hard salary cap. Kind of hard to be competitive when teams like Boston and New York spend almost 5 times what the bottom teams spend. You can also put in a minimum cap, forcing the smaller teams to field a competitive team.

Nope. Tampa Bay spends half of what Toronto spends, and Oakland even less. The Blue Jays and the Angels are probably the most inefficient teams when it comes to translating dollars to wins.

Nope. Tampa Bay spends half of what Toronto spends, and Oakland even less. The Blue Jays and the Angels are probably the most inefficient teams when it comes to translating dollars to wins.

Tampa isn't getting the results so far this year! :towel:

1st place in the division looks good right now.

I think that could happen.

The Cubs need a LH bat and Rasmus would fit the bill.

I agree I think we should trade Rasmus.

Our offense is going to be fine for the year, not sure if the pitching will stay this good and consistent for the year without extra help.

I agree I think we should trade Rasmus.

Our offense is going to be fine for the year, not sure if the pitching will stay this good and consistent for the year without extra help.

I'm not so concerned about the the pen but the rotation has danger potential after Hutch, Dickey and Beurlhe. One of the pen could be combined with a position player in a trade.

I think Gose can be fine but they also need to figure out what to do about 2nd base.

Francisco can't be an everyday fielder so he's going to have to stick on the bench for the most part and could possibly make Lind a trade target too. I thought Izturis could have handled the job this year but after he got injured we don't have a reliable starting option. Lawrie should go back to 3rd base in an ideal world.

Maybe a couple of deals like:

RP, Lind for 2B

RP, Rasmus for SP

That could add some balance to the team though I'd be wary of losing all of our LH power.

Great win today. The bullpen always seems to keep things interesting (ahem) but they got it done in the end. I was pleased with Hutch today overall but like Zaun said post game, he needs to utilize the fastball more effectively. Too many sliders. He seemed to be far more aggressive with the fastball last outing under Kratz than with Navarro today. It's Lester tomorrow and three straight in Beantown sure would be sweet!

Encarnacion is a beaut! Second straight double HR game, and a career best 11 HRs this month! Gose is playing unreal as well. And that double play Lawrie had yesterday with the bases juiced, the team is finally clicking.

I can't believe they play 30 of 31 days this month, at least there's always a game to watch!

Encarnacion is a beaut! Second straight double HR game, and a career best 11 HRs this month! Gose is playing unreal as well. And that double play Lawrie had yesterday with the bases juiced, the team is finally clicking.

I can't believe they play 30 of 31 days this month, at least there's always a game to watch!

I'm glad you're seeing the positive out of this. That's gonna be hard on the pitchers. Strters gotta go deep.

Edwin is killing it. Just imagine if Bautista gets in Edwin mode aswell. Cabrera and Reyes need to hit for 280. plus and I think we'll be good. Moving Rausmas for pitching seems enticing!

Btw whatever happened to Kyle Drabek. Any updates???

Edited by Jiggs50

Edwin is killing it. Just imagine if Bautista gets in Edwin mode aswell. Cabrera and Reyes need to hit for 280. plus and I think we'll be good. Moving Rausmas for pitching seems enticing!

Btw whatever happened to Kyle Drabek. Any updates???

He's been very wild in his minor league starts. Not Romero wild but pretty close. It's a shame too because I thought he looked ok before he got injured.

It looks like Liam Hendricks will be the next person to get the call to start this weekend.

We definitely need a number 3/4 starter and if Rasmus will get us that, then we should consider trading him ..

Laurie is not happy with having to adapt to fielding two different positions .. in this case, I think he should put the team first, (at least publicly) and not focus on his own chances at a Gold Glove playing 3rd.

We definitely need a number 3/4 starter and if Rasmus will get us that, then we should consider trading him ..

Laurie is not happy with having to adapt to fielding two different positions .. in this case, I think he should put the team first, (at least publicly) and not focus on his own chances at a Gold Glove playing 3rd.

I agree in the short term but he is better at third. The team does need to sort out the 2B position long term though.

It's going to be difficult to carry both Francisco and Lind all year when they don't provide defense.

He's been very wild in his minor league starts. Not Romero wild but pretty close. It's a shame too because I thought he looked ok before he got injured.

It looks like Liam Hendricks will be the next person to get the call to start this weekend.

That stinks. Hopefully he can get back and develop into a solid 4/5. Romero should be used as a reliever imo. His starting days are over... Edited by Jiggs50