The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I bet the Jays could fetch a lot for Bautista in a trade. Maybe a quality starter and a young right handed batter? Just throwing that out there. Would that mess with the chemistry too much? I don't know

Don't deal Jose. This lineup is lethal and I think it could screw things up.

Jays up 2-0 again in the 7th.

I bet the Jays could fetch a lot for Bautista in a trade. Maybe a quality starter and a young right handed batter? Just throwing that out there. Would that mess with the chemistry too much? I don't know

No way they deal Jose. He's a leader on and off the field and we need his bat...

He's 4-1

Suddenly, if Hendricks can keep pace, the Jays have 5 starters with ERAs under 4.00 and all heading in the right direction.

2LH breaking ball pitchers, 1 RH power pitcher, 1 RH knuckler, 1 RH control pitcher in Hendricks. Janssen perfect in Save opportunities. Leading the league in HR and AL in Extra base hits. Swept the Sox and As.

Things are getting interesting, for sure.

Edited by theminister

Good to see a Blue Jays thread, didnt get around to making one this year.

They look awesome right now. Hopefully they can keep racking up the wins while they are hot cause I cant see them keeping this pace up. I hope Im wrong.

And whats going on with Melky? I hope they dont do any surprise test on him :bigblush:

Edited by Gross-Misconduct

I wouldnt deal Bautista either. He doesnt seem to be seeing the ball well lately, but when hes on, hes lethal, and his defense is always good. Plus I wouldnt mess with the Dominican chemistry the team has.

The only player i would deal right now is Rasmus. We have enough home run hitters, im liking the speed and small ball that Gose delivers in the 9th spot, assuming he can keep it up. Plus it will free up salary to keep Lind at the end of the year, man can he hit and true blue Jay. Id like to see him get more of a chance against Lefties.

Francisco was a good acquisition while Lind was out and has played great. But i like Lawrie at 3rd more, and Francisco is a stike out machine. Im not sure how long theyll be a place for him.

Those are small quibbles however, this team has been a lot of fun to watch this year, firing on all cylinders right now. The improved starting pitching has been a nice surprise, as well as, the patience at bat. Lol, every critic predicted they would finish last - its still early, and there will be ups and downs, but im hoping they embarrass the critics.

Plus ill admit when im wrong and right. I thought they should get rid of Milky at the end of last year, now im glad they didnt. Its becoming more bovious that he was plagued by injuries last year, and hes hitting great now. Wasnt sure they should keep Gibbons either, but hard to see whats going on in the clubhouse, and you cant argue with this seasons results, so far. I will pat myself on the back for my post at the end of the season last year though, where i said that they were going to have a better year this year, because i could see better chemistry at the end of last year, and you cant expect to slap a bunch a talented players from different places and expect them to perform as a team right away. Again, fingers crossed this continues.

Bautista DH and not playing right field .. I noticed him favor his back a couple of times last game .. 30 games in 31 'days-in-may' will cause some wear and tear.

I noticed he is always favoring his back..even at bat he is always stretching it...the Jays look like a bunch of rednecks today with all that Camo.

Edited by ShakyWalton

I noticed he is always favoring his back..even at back he is always stretching it...the Jays look like a bunch of renecks today with all that Camo.

Ha ha .. too bad Rasmus wasn't dressed .. him and Lind and Delabar could pose for "Duck Dynasty" promo's ..

Edited by Tearloch7