The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we sign a goalie this off season...?

Canucks35

Waste of cap space, IMO. Lack has good skills, but was thrown into the lion's den without preparation. He'll be back and ready next season. Marks would have to be on waivers to be sent down and would certainly be picked up by another team.

Stay the course and have patience. I think after a summer of solid goalie coaching, Marks will step up and we'll have a solid young tandem.

I think it's crazy what Läck's gone through this year. He started it as the undisputed backup and was only supposed to get used to playing in the NHL, then midway through the season he became the starter over night, and doesn't have a backup at all. I mean, he's played like 20 games in a row without resting a single minute. He has had to play through blowouts and hasn't complained at all. Big up to him!

It would be nice if we sign Martin Jones from La isn't a upcoming FA in the summer

If not we'll sign Hiller or Elliott their both solid #1s and

Rather than sending Markstrom down we should give the guy a chance he hasn't really settled into Vancouver and is learning as he goes

Larry Brooks also believes either Gillis or Tortorella lose their job at season’s end. He claims Tortorella is quietly spreading word former Flames and Lightning GM Jay Feaster is a general manager he can work with…

************************************************************************************

(I know this isn't about the goalies, but it is a lame thread anyway - Lack will play until we are "officially" eliminated, at least; then we will probably see how ready Markstrom has become.)

If this is true, which I highly doubt, it just means Torts wants a GM that gets all the blame, all the time.

Please just stop. Media is slowly ruining the game.

They are way too opinionated and care more about the spotlight than covering the actual story.

Regardless of where a player is playing and what system is implemented, I will take statistics over the media any day.

Not sure if serious......if so... you might want to look up and see what flew over your head...

Larry Brooks also believes either Gillis or Tortorella lose their job at season’s end. He claims Tortorella is quietly spreading word former Flames and Lightning GM Jay Feaster is a general manager he can work with…

**From Spector

Yikes, if this is true then Torts should be fired.

Brooks hates Torts and might be just spreading sh@t to ruin him. But we digress, this thread is about signing a goalie.

Funny how every thread eventually turns into fire Gillis or fire Torts.

Elliott's not someone who can steal games for us. He's thrived because he's behind the Blues' defensive wall but he proved to be human in Ottawa. I'd stick with Stork, thank you very much, though Hiller or Nabokov can come in and tandem with him if we don't trust in Markstrom. I don't know if this season's an anomaly but Montoya's also done well behind the Jets (I don't think they're very tight defensively), so a goalie who posted decent stats like his could be promising in a tandem situation, plus competition won't hurt.

Also, where is Higgins? He's 4th in team scoring right now and would at least make a valuable 3rd liner.

I think Lack and Markstrom will be fine, wouldn't be against bringing in a veteran back up at a decent price though.

Disagree with bringing in Brian Elliott, he is one of the most overrated goalies in this league and isn't even starting goalie material. With him in net we are not contenders.

Folks something that really bugs me is we don't have a proven number one goalie but have a team that with a few tweaks I believe is a contender...maybe with a free agent signing or two of course.

So do we continue on with Eddie Lack or do we sign someone like Brian Elliot or Jonas Hiller through free agency. And if we chose to stay with Eddie then we might as well get rid of core players such as Kesler and any other unnecessary vets. that don't contribute to future success. However I think that would be foolish because we have the key players who have had a tough year and of course injuries are a major factor as well, even though I hate using that word INJURIES as a excuse because you look at Chicago and how they have battled without key players Toews and Kane.

My "Contending" Lineup:

D.Sedin-Kesler-Moulson

Burrows-H.Sedin-Jensen

Booth-Horvat-Kassian

Richardson-Santo.-Matthias (Hansen, Sestito)

Edler- Bieksa

Hamhuis-Blank (Replace Garrison with Ehrhoff like player)

P.Ranger-Corrado/Stanton

B.Elliot

E.Lack (Send Markstrom down to Utica)

Of course the chances of us having the lineup next season is about as slim as making the playoffs, but one can dream right ? :P Also first post so I apologize if this rookie has made a mistake anywhere.

Once upon a time, there was Luongo AND Schneider.

Now it's Lack and Markstrom.

A good summer between friends training together and you'll be surprised at the 1-3 punch the Canucks will ice.

I Markstrom is deemed not ready, he'll play in Utica for a year, like Schneider and like Lack.

Archived