The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Signing a couple veteran wingers and/or centres this offseason

I have to admit that we have some depth in the prospect pool but its still not as deep as we want it to be

That's why if Horvat is eligible to play for the Canucks in which he certainly is we should add a couple wingers or centres or 1 winger and 1 Center

We should be able to grab a couple expensive wingers in the FA pool this offseason after trading Lu's mammoth contract

I think Matthias is a long term fit along with Richardson

The problem is Kesler tho

Started from the beginning of the season all the way through trade deadline and here he is still a Canuck

He probably wants to be traded to a team that wants to win the cup

A contender is Pittsburgh in which we get a couple prospects+ established Center

Then we sign a couple wingers like Oshie maybe

Lineups

Dan, Hank, Burr

Higgins, Jokinen, Gaborik

Booth, Matthias, Hansen

Sestito, Richardson, Kassian

Hamhuis, Tanev

Bieksa, Stanton

Pouliot, Garrison

Lack

Markstrom

Thoughts

Go Canucks

Sign Bolland and Statsny and we're right back on top.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Statnsy Kesler Kassian

Higgins Bolland Burrows

Richardson Matthias Hansen

That would cost around 11 million dollars for both I would think. With a Booth buyout, we could sign them each on three year deals.

Give guys like Horvat, Gaunce, and Shinkaruk another year to fully develop.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Statnsy Kesler Kassian

Higgins Bolland Burrows

That would cost around 11 million dollars for both I would think. With a Booth buyout, we could sign them each on three year deals.

That's filthy depth. Although I feel Horvat will be ready for next season.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Statnsy Kesler Kassian

Higgins Bolland Burrows

I'll take your Stastny along side Kesler anyday, but can do without the way over-paid Bolland who is not much of an upgrade over either Santorelli or Richardson at 4 or 5 times the cost.

I'll take your Stastny along side Kesler anyday, but can do without the way over-paid Bolland who is not much of an upgrade over either Santorelli or Richardson at 4 or 5 times the cost.

It's not all about points.

Bolland is one of the leagues best pests, and is a two time cup winner who comes up big in big games.

We're not a contender with Santorelli as our third line center. We might be with Bolland in that position though.

Either way, depth down the middle and building our second line should be our focus this offseason.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Statnsy Kesler Kassian

Higgins Bolland Burrows

That's a very solid top6 and the botttom6 would be a nightmare for other teams to matchup against...but easier said than done. Stastny will likely get some serious cash thrown his way so the Canucks would have to overpay but I would take that lineup all day long.

Even with Matthias as the 3rd C and signing a very good bottom6 winger so that Richy plays the middle would still be very solid IMO. All depends on Bolland's price tag and I also think he will get cash thrown his way for the reasons you stated but if I had to choose one easily Stastny.

It's not all about points.

Bolland is one of the leagues best pests, and is a two time cup winner who comes up big in big games.

We're not a contender with Santorelli as our third line center. We might be with Bolland in that position though.

Either way, depth down the middle should be our focus this offseason.

No not just points, it's about your bang for your buck. Bolland's looking for a raise and long term contract, much more than what I believe a 3rd line center is worth. Also, Bolland's weak on F/O's which does not sit well with a puck possession team.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Statnsy Kesler Kassian

Higgins Bolland Burrows

571cd7dac19e91e51b287a69c9364b6b.png

Trade Hansen for a late first if you can get, if not a second. Instead of Hansen, re-sign Santorelli who is a better player and should sign cheaper. Sign Jesse Winchester for depth.

Pretty good team and you let all your prospects develop instead of rushing them. Go look at San Jose or Detroit as examples of teams who let their prospects develop.

No not just points, it's about your bang for your buck. Bolland's looking for a raise and long term contract, much more than what I believe a 3rd line center is worth. Also, Bolland's weak on F/O's which does not sit well with a puck possession team.

No way Bolland gets what he's asking for. It's all posturing by his agent.

He doesn't have the points, or the healthy track record to command 5+ mil on a long term deal.

It all depends on what kind of team he wants to join too. I think Gillis will at least kick the tires on him.

I agree Santorelli is a great bang for your buck player, but he's not the solution to our third line. We need to take advantage of our extra cap space this summer, and get some legit top players.

No way Bolland gets what he's asking for. It's all posturing by his agent.

He doesn't have the points, or the healthy track record to command 5+ mil on a long term deal.

It all depends on what kind of team he wants to join too. I think Gillis will at least kick the tires on him.

I agree Santorelli is a great bang for your buck player, but he's not the solution to our third line. We need to take advantage of our extra cap space this summer, and get some legit top players.

If you are right about that, I would not mind Bolland, or Ott for that matter, signing for a couple of years while the prospects have time to develop.

A ninth-rounder who on most teams would likely be used as a fringe 3rd liner in return for a late 1st, or 2nd rounder?

Throw that trade offer at any GM, and they'll laugh you off the phone.

Don't get me wrong - I love Hansen as a player, and think that he's great as a temporary 2nd line fill-in, but to expect to get a late 1st (or even a late 4th) is just ridonkulous. At best - if you play your cards right - you might be able to trade him for a 5th or 6th rounder + spare part cap hit return.

Some other users posted what other 3rd liners have gotten. I can't remember many but I do remember that Gaustad got a first rounder, so I don't see why Hansen couldn't get a first or a second.

Taking away this season, Hansen was on pace for 47 points last year and 39 the year before. He's most definitely a third liner, one that could potentially fill in on the top 6 if injuries occured. A second liner doesn't have to get 70 poitns like most of you believe they should be counted on for about 50, so Hansen isn't that far off.

A ninth-rounder who on most teams would likely be used as a fringe 3rd liner in return for a late 1st, or 2nd rounder?

Throw that trade offer at any GM, and they'll laugh you off the phone.

Don't get me wrong - I love Hansen as a player, and think that he's great as a temporary 2nd line fill-in, but to expect to get a late 1st (or even a late 4th) is just ridonkulous. At best - if you play your cards right - you might be able to trade him for a 5th or 6th rounder + spare part cap hit return.

I'd say he's worth a 3rd

Youth please and thank you.

True Torts likes having young guys in the lineup just like what we did with Jensen

Horvat is certainly ready for the next level not sure

Fox is a maybe

Shinkaruk not quite ready

Gaunce is a maybe as well him and Fox have deadly chemistry that can punish any team in the NHL

True Torts likes having young guys in the lineup just like what we did with Jensen

Horvat is certainly ready for the next level not sure

Fox is a maybe

Shinkaruk not quite ready

Gaunce is a maybe as well him and Fox have deadly chemistry that can punish any team in the NHL

Easy there big fella.

Gaunce and fox are a long shot to make the team next season IMO. Gaunce will need at least a season in the AHL, Fox may need two if he can even take the next step.

Horvat is not a lock either, although I'm sure they'll give him every opportunity just like they did with Hodgson.

Archived