The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Change coming today?

topbananas

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 4m

Hearing whispers that perhaps change is coming sooner rather than later with the Canucks, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger · 3m

@Real_ESPNLeBrun. Very possible. Hearing the same. "Fire Gillis' chant last night didn't help.

on twitter just now....would not be surprised if there are changes before the end of the season

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun · 4m

Hearing whispers that perhaps change is coming sooner rather than later with the Canucks, perhaps as soon as today or tomorrow...

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger · 3m

@Real_ESPNLeBrun. Very possible. Hearing the same. "Fire Gillis' chant last night didn't help.

on twitter just now....would not be surprised if there are changes before the end of the season

I love how dreger jusy piggy backed labrun there.

#firedreger

Bob McKenzie also responded with the same answer a few minutes later:

All three of TSN's insiders have reported that they've heard this.

Does this imply 3 separate sources or 3 guys hearing this from same source or Moe and Larry tweeting whatever Curly is tweeting out.

Does this imply 3 separate sources or 3 guys hearing this from same source or Moe and Larry tweeting whatever Curly is tweeting out.

This is common practice from so-called "insiders". One guy hears something from one of his sources (usually speculative) and reports it. Other guys take this report and put it out there themselves...

Next thing you know, we're hearing it from "multiple sources".

Anyone thinking Gillis will resign isn't thinking straight. Would you walk away from 8 million? No one would. Gillis will have to be fired, and I would be surprised if that happens.

I think Torts gets canned. I get the feeling he won't be here next year anyways, may as well cut him lose already.

Watch Gillis give him one more game, just to mess with TSN.

I doubt Bob is just making this up. He has an incredible reputation which is his bread and butter and wouldn't risk it for something as trivial as this. Somethings going on and I wouldn't be surprised at all if changes are made in the next 24-48 hours.

For those who wants Gillis gone, think about it...I doubt the owners wants to pay Gillis and Torts 17M in the next 5 years on top of the new Coach and GM.

If they do fire both, then imagine the raise in ticket prices for this one

If Gillis is gone, Aqualini would probably ask the new GM to keep tort around for a year a two. Do we really want our new GM to be limited in such a way early on and be a pushover by the owners? Don't think that will help more than keeping Gillis and canning Torts.

If this is what happening, Aquilini did the franchise a huge favour by minimizing the damage his idiot of a GM did.

if aquilini did in fact veto the kesler trade, then he did stopped gillis from getting fleeced.

But also rumour was it was aquilini who hired torts and not the gillis...torts sucks!

anyways a meddling owner like that is not good in the long run.

TSN are the hockey equivalents of the fear-mongering US cable news networks (CNN, FOX, etc.), and the Canucks are their "radical terrorist extremists".

They just take every chance they get to blow everything out of proportion, whether there's something of substance there or not.

Followed by bashing people who says anything critical about TSN ... so predictable.

He didn't bash anybody critical of TSN. He just pointed out the norm from you/us mouth breathing monkeys is to go after the easiest target. Somebody reports something and it turns into this pitchfork party. Sometimes it's warranted but it seems like every times something happens now people here just want to lash out at whatever they can.

Ok so I added some stuff in there that he didn't say. :D

Archived