The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Linden to be new President of Vancouver Canucks

5f6ab1ebf456bedb8a89ab3d13a6fbcd.png

2086b8403ce68d79e2099ea6da76b048.png

Wow!

I think it is unofficially safe to assume Gillis will be gone? Could have seen him step down into the president role but now with this report...

Edit: 925am Can't post picture on phone but Nick Kypreos now reporting:

@RealKyper: Markus Naslund is the other name floating around the #Canucks situation. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see a Linden/Naslund combo.

e84ff4a65c9cfeb8f266195b8819ea8c.png

They've got Linden coming up on Global News...from the sidelines, Steve Darling asked him about it and Trevor shouted it was news to him. We'll see - of course he wouldn't disclose anything before an official announcement.

I'd love it. He knows hockey inside out and has the NHLPA stuff as part of his overall experience.

I doubt he's going to say anything, but he's up next after the break......

Awesome. Change is good, and I like someone with history in the PHO chair. I wouldn't mind Laurence Gilman as GM, if only as a temporary for now. I think it's a long shot, but I wonder if Naslund is ready for an NHL GM job?

Awesome. Change is good, and I like someone with history in the PHO chair. I wouldn't mind Laurence Gilman as GM, if only as a temporary for now. I think it's a long shot, but I wonder if Naslund is ready for an NHL GM job?

I'd rather not have the "old boys club" going on like in Edmonton.

I'd rather not have the "old boys club" going on like in Edmonton.

Who says it has to be like that? The Bruins brought Neely back as Vice-President in '07, and he took over as President in 2010. They didn't go overboard with anything. I'd say it sure didn't have a negative impact on the organization.

Trevor on Global now.

Saying he's never spoken to the Canucks about the job. Just rumours.

But if the opportunity were right and the time was right, he might consider something.

If something did happen, he wouldn't want to work anywhere else but here.

Otherwise he's enjoying life.

Archived