The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On a positive note: If you think its bad here look at Toronto

*Buzzsaw*

Toronto just missed the playoffs again.

This was supposed to be a team on the upward stroke.

Last year saw them get into the playoffs and give the Bruins a scare.

They were supposed to build on that, perhaps challenge Boston for the division championship.

But once again, they fail to make the post season, and their prospects for the future are not good.

I like the Canucks chances of making the post season better than the Leafs in 2014/2015, assuming we don't trade away the core for nothing.

Yes, everyone is disappointed, but I think with new leadership we can start the rebuild.

I'm optimistic. :towel:

The Leafs prospects are not good??

Reilly & Kadri alone say hello.

& I'm not too sure you saying a rebuild will start means we have a better shot next year than Toronto.

Leafs are a really young group and once they have a head coach that doesn't rag on his team, they're going to be a force.

Quite the contrary. I'll probably go to more games now that ticket prices are going to plummet.

except they won't lol, there just may be more available as I bet alot of people will be cancelling their season tickets. which is fine with me, better selection for mine next year :emot-parrot:

Toronto just missed the playoffs again.

This was supposed to be a team on the upward stroke.

Last year saw them get into the playoffs and give the Bruins a scare.

They were supposed to build on that, perhaps challenge Boston for the division championship.

But once again, they fail to make the post season, and their prospects for the future are not good.

I like the Canucks chances of making the post season better than the Leafs in 2014/2015, assuming we don't trade away the core for nothing.

Yes, everyone is disappointed, but I think with new leadership we can start the rebuild.

I'm optimistic. :towel:

Thing is we don't have any sort of depth in our prospect pool

Sure we have tons of young solid goaltenders but we don't want to rush goaltenders like Lack

Lack needs a mentor to help him out and develop the right way

Do we have enough salary cap to sign a vet goaltender?

Maybe but not those classy goaltenders

We need goaltenders that can teach Lack how to be consistent as any goaltender in the league

New ownership is the way to go

Aquilini made the right move in firing Gillis

Traded two #1 goaltenders for virtually nothing

Linden or anyone to be our GM/ President will make this franchise happy

Toronto is messed up

They were poised to make a playoff run

A late season collapse caused this team to falter

The owner is probably thinking of doing the same thing Aquilini did

They have great prospects but no veteran presence whatso ever

The Leafs prospects are not good??

Reilly & Kadri alone say hello.

& I'm not too sure you saying a rebuild will start means we have a better shot next year than Toronto.

Leafs are a really young group and once they have a head coach that doesn't rag on his team, they're going to be a force.

Kadri is still a prospect? And I consider prospects, players that don't play in the NHL. They don't have much in the system, but they are a young group only getting better with Reilly, Kadri, Gunnarson, Gardiner, Reimer, Bernier.

Aquilini made the right move in firing Gillis

Traded two #1 goaltenders for virtually nothing

Linden or anyone to be our GM/ President will make this franchise happy

Gillis traded a 27 year old good goaltender with utterly no experience as a starter and a steller 1-4 record in the playoffs.

He recieved the highest draft pick any goalie has attained in NHL history. In a deep draft to boot. I wouldnt call that 'virtually nothing' . In fact, your statement is going to look ridiculous in 4 years when Horvat develops.

Schneider is a good goalie. He wouldnt have saved us and is not saving New Jersey now. Nor will he next year either. He is wasting away. We have Eddie lack, who is two years younger and he would have wasted away if he had to sit behind Schneider.

Lack + Horvat >>>>>>> Schneider

Gillis trades our 35 year old goalie who does nothing but whine that he wants to go home to Florida - even after Schneider was traded. He gets rid of that ridiculous contract (the bulk of it anyways) for Matthias and of all people...........the very highly touted Markstrom who is supposed to be even better than Lack.

I would consider trading out Luongo for Markstrom alone to be quite a coup for Gillis. A trade no Panther fan would even read last year without responding with vitriol in reply. We got Markstrom for nothing.

Luongo wasnt saving us here. Luongo wont save the panthers either. No other team can use him to sell tickets the way they can down there so nobody was going to give us dry crap for him.

So instead, we have two young goalies ready to enter their prime once we have rebuilt, and probably one of the best 2 way centers in the NHL starting to compete for the Selke.

And you call that 'virtually nothing' ?

We need goaltenders that can teach Lack how to be consistent as any goaltender in the league

That's what a goalie coach is for. Plus, adding a veteran goalie takes up cap space and does nothing to improve the scoring, which has been the biggest issue with this team.

except they won't lol, there just may be more available as I bet alot of people will be cancelling their season tickets. which is fine with me, better selection for mine next year :emot-parrot:

I think he was refering to the tickets in the secondary market. Instead of selling the tickets at a premium, they will be sold at discount, ehich is already happening right now.

Don't think Toronto is any worse than Canucks (as a fan)

Main difference is late season collapse in Toronto vs mid-season collapse in canucks' case

We had like over a month to digest and come to realize we are not going to make the playoff

Toronto fans has like two weeks to see their teams dropped from 7th to 9/10th

Goaltending still an issue there, scoring is our issue

Archived