The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New image, new identity... New jerseys?

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been thinking about this, and the whole idea that the Canucks are trying to "save their image".

The original stick was around for 8 seasons.

The flying V was around for 7 seasons.

The skate was around for 12 seasons.

The orca has been around 17 seasons, seeing a colour overhaul and the addition of the "Vancouver" arch above the orca 7 seasons ago when RBK took over the jerseys.

Luongo is gone. Every single one of the players we have a number retired for had their prime in either the flying V or the skate. The next numbers to be retired, the Sedins, have played their entire career with the Orca.

With the influx of youth and new players that is likely to hit, should the Canucks create a new identity and image for themselves? Finally put the Burke/Nonis/Gillis era to rest and leave it behind?

Personally, I think so. There's plenty of options they could use.

• Full time Millionaires jerseys
  • Return to the Skate (blue/green/white still?)
  • Johnny Canuck logo
  • "V through C" Canucks logo
  • Full time stick in the rink
  • Flying V with blue/green/white
  • Others? If I forgot anything, mention it! Preferably with an image.

My favourite would be to just permanently use the Millionaires design, but get rid of the VANCOUVER text inside the V. The red and maroon is incredibly visually pleasing, and it's classy without being overbearing.

AAc9fJe.png

A quick photoshop I threw together shows how nice this can look especially without the "VANCOUVER" text.

Would be a way to generate money for the owners...

For a jersey like that, I'd much rather see the rounded Johnny Canuck logo found in this concept:

Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

God dammit again? Really? How about we just try to stick with something? Just this once. Let's try it. See what happens.

We've had the Orca for 17 god damn years, closing in on 18 next season. We've gone through a whole shitstorm of media problems with Burke, Nonis, Gillis, etc. A fresh image doesn't hurt at all.

I've been thinking about this, and the whole idea that the Canucks are trying to "save their image".

The original stick was around for 8 seasons.

The flying V was around for 7 seasons.

The skate was around for 12 seasons.

The orca has been around 17 seasons, seeing a colour overhaul and the addition of the "Vancouver" arch above the orca 7 seasons ago when RBK took over the jerseys.

Luongo is gone. Every single one of the players we have a number retired for had their prime in either the flying V or the skate. The next numbers to be retired, the Sedins, have played their entire career with the Orca.

With the influx of youth and new players that is likely to hit, should the Canucks create a new identity and image for themselves? Finally put the Burke/Nonis/Gillis era to rest and leave it behind?

Personally, I think so. There's plenty of options they could use.

• Full time Millionaires jerseys
  • Return to the Skate (blue/green/white still?)
  • Johnny Canuck logo
  • "V through C" Canucks logo
  • Full time stick in the rink
  • Flying V with blue/green/white
  • Others? If I forgot anything, mention it! Preferably with an image.

My favourite would be to just permanently use the Millionaires design, but get rid of the VANCOUVER text inside the V. The red and maroon is incredibly visually pleasing, and it's classy without being overbearing.

AAc9fJe.png

A quick photoshop I threw together shows how nice this can look especially without the "VANCOUVER" text.

WE NEED TO KEEP THE V

Archived