The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dumbest question you've ever been asked?

Tom Sestito

Will the Leafs make the playoffs this season?

Have you got change for the bus?

Do you think TSN and the CBC have ban-worthy hockey coverage?

Isn't Sepultura better without Max?

Who do you think you are?

Why do you think ZZ Top is the most awesome band ever?

What are you doing here?

Isn't Darren Dreger smart? He seems smart to me. Isn't he to you?

Why don't you take a hike?

There's been quite a few, hold on...

Okay, the one that takes the cake is a student I was tutoring in grade 12 level physics but then I had to start to from the basics when he had a lightbulb turn on in his head and he asked, "Wait a sec, time is really just gravity isn't it? Damn, why you gotta make it so complicated yo. And velocity is just how fast time falls."

"Uh, how does time fall [student's name]?"

"Well, when you drop a ball from the cliff and crap and its accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 that means time is slow if you're the ball right?"

No words.

Forget what he said before, based on his last sentence, you shouldn't have started him at the basics, so much as you should have moved him ahead, with his understanding of General Relativity.

Not the question but the answer I got. I had a very cute co-worker years ago. I wanted to get to know her a bit more.

Me: "What's your favourite type of music?"

Her: "I don't like music..."

Me devastated, and incredulous.

I asked her friend if this was true, she said yes, she hated music.

Never talked with her again. She's the only person I've ever met that hated music. Music for me is the food of life.

Forget what he said before, based on his last sentence, you shouldn't have started him at the basics, so much as you should have moved him ahead, with his understanding of General Relativity.

That's ok. There was an instructor at Kwantlen that tried to explain for each and every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. He illustrated this by saying if you're on a rocket, and you threw bricks from the back end of the rocket you'd move forward...

Wouldn't just saying "rocket engine exhaust goes that way, rocket moves the opposite direction."?

While playing my guitar...

"Isn't it hard to play that backwards?"

"I'm left handed"

"Wow, you must be good to play guitar backwards"

"Its a left handed guitar"

"Still, its completely in reverse, thats crazy, it must be so much harder to play that way"

"Its the exact same, except lefties use lefty guitars and righties use righty guitars"

"But its backwards, isn't that harder?"

While playing my guitar...

"Isn't it hard to play that backwards?"

"I'm left handed"

"Wow, you must be good to play guitar backwards"

"Its a left handed guitar"

"Still, its completely in reverse, thats crazy, it must be so much harder to play that way"

"Its the exact same, except lefties use lefty guitars and righties use righty guitars"

"But its backwards, isn't that harder?"

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

I'm left handed, I feel the pain of this one, LOL!

There's been quite a few, hold on...

Okay, the one that takes the cake is a student I was tutoring in grade 12 level physics but then I had to start to from the basics when he had a lightbulb turn on in his head and he asked, "Wait a sec, time is really just gravity isn't it? Damn, why you gotta make it so complicated yo. And velocity is just how fast time falls."

"Uh, how does time fall [student's name]?"

"Well, when you drop a ball from the cliff and crap and its accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 that means time is slow if you're the ball right?"

No words.

If I say "Wait... what?" do I have him beat?

One time when I was in high school I went home for lunch. On my way back I would pass this massive green hedge. It was like 6 feet high and 3 feet deep.

As I was passing by a guy stumbled out of the hedge and came to a stop right in front of my path. He was dressed fairly nicely but looked completely dazed and out of it.

He looked up at me and asked "What year is it?"

True story.

Archived