The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - EDM

Condition: Aaron Ekblad has already been chosen.

To Edmonton

1st 2014 (8th pick right now)

Rick Stanton/Frank Corrado

Brendan Gaunce (they need big 2-way players right now. gaunce is ood for their 3C)

To Vanocuver

1st 2014 (3rd pick right now)

Draft Michael Dal Colle.

Why we do it? Big teenager with serious offensive skill. Would play great with Horvat. Already money with him and Cassels. Comes from a family whose been through a lot, and has a great head on his shoulder. He is inspired night in and night out, stems from his autistic sister to cancer surviving mother. Very respectable and hard-working. Offensive gun. (Dal Colle-Horvat-Cassels)

Why they do it?

They don't need offense. They need a big strong 2-way Center. They also need defense. Adding Rick Stanton to Darnell Nurse, Andrew Ference, Kelfbom, J.Schultz, along with drafting Fleury at 8th or some other defender. They look very good on the back end. This trade adds everything they need today to become much better.

Next year

Kelfbom Schultz

Ference Nurse

Stanton Petry

Marincin/Belov/Fleury etc

------------------------------------------------------------

If we could then sign Paul Stastny,

Dal Colle Stastny Kesler

Daniel Henrik Kassian

Burrows Horvat Higgins

Booth Richardson Kenins

Sestito

Hamhuis Hutton (hopefully)

Edler Tanev

Garrison Bieksa

Lack

Eriksson

I think the Oilers have a good shot at Eckblad with there pick, so I don't know that they would wanna part with that. They have a good shot to win the Lottery and draft Exblad 1st, but even with the third pick, I can see Buffalo and Florida passing on Eckblad which leaves Edmonton in a good spot either way.

Archived