BORN IN: -

STATISTICS

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A P PIM

2012-2013 CAN (2013 IIHF U18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP) ITLTOUR 7 3 4 7 4

2012-2013 KINGSTON OHL 60 18 22 40 87

2013-2014 CAN U18 (IVAN HLINKA MEMORIAL 2013) ITLTOUR 5 4 1 4 6

2013-2014 KINGSTON

We would be stuck with Ritchie

Anyways Bennett seems to be an NHL ready winger maybe a future Drouin like player. It'd be nice if we get a player like him. But there are plenty of other options. Others say we might be getting Ritchie or Virtanen.

If we do get one of them it would be nice.

Dal Colle might be a nice decent choice since maybe him and Jensen have some chemistry.

For updates on rankings of these future stars

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=2&sort=finalRank&year=2014

I'm quite fine with Ritchie.

If we win the Lottery do we draft Ekblad?

Tough decisions ahead. With Edler signed for 5 more years I don't where Ekblad will fit. I'd take him if we win the lottery. We should've started losing games a couple weeks ago. Who knows where we are going to finish now in draft standings

Wow. What happened to Nylander? I wouldn't mind drafting him!

Those were just the North American skaters

Top 10 European skaters are

Final Rank Midterm Rank Player Position Last Amateur Club League

1 1 Kapanen, Kasperi Right Wing Kalpa FINLAND

2 2 Nylander, William Right Wing Sodertalje SWEDEN-2

3 11 Fiala, Kevin Center HV 71 Jr. SWEDEN-JR.

4 5 Vrana, Jakub Center Linkoping SWEDEN-2

5 4 Pastrnak, David Left Wing Sodertalje SWEDEN-2

6 3 Kempe, Adrian Right Wing Modo Jr. SWEDEN-JR.

7 10 Pettersson, Markus Defenseman Skelleftea Jr. SWEDEN-JR.

8 16 Kase, Ondrej Left Wing Chomutov CZREP

9 9 Aho, Sebastian Defenseman Skelleftea Jr. SWEDEN-JR.

10 18 Masin, Dominik Defenseman Slavia Jr. CZREP-JR.

And Nylander will be a nice pick if still a available at 7 it would be a nice steal like stealing candy from a baby lol ;)

Buffalo is the only team that I wouldn't think foolish for passing on Ekblad at 1st overall solely because of how strong their D-prospect group is already. If they have the chance at 3rd and Reinhart and Bennett are off the table they should pick him up.

If Edmonton, Calgary, NYI, or Florida draft 1st and pass on him, they will have made a huge mistake.

Especially Edmonton.

My draft wishes, in order:

1. Win the lottery or trade up to take Ekblad, even if mt means losing Horvat

2. Pick Virtanen

3. If neither happens, trade down to around 14 and take McKeown, adding a 2nd in 2015 and a 3rd this year.

4. If no takers on that, trade this year's pick for a top 10 2015 1st. Bit of a gamble but the only two players I'm super keen on are gone? Let's get another top 10 pick for next year.

If we did 4, then we could conceivably have, say, the 5th and 7th picks in next year's draft. Package those two picks with Corrado and maybe Higgins after next season, and that could nab us 1st overall.

Just a pipe dream though, the real-life Nucks scouts will likely have us draft someone like McCann leaving much better players on the board.

Yeah, we've been discussing this in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft thread for some time. Links to posts with other recent draft projections from that thread:

It's in the Canucks Prospects forum and the discussion is around who the Canucks draft, but that's what every one of these threads turns into anyway.

Some people believe Nikolaj Ehlers may be one of the darkhorse top-six selections. He is considered to perhaps have the best skating ability in the draft and is a smaller (5'11'' 162 lbs) but highly-elusive offensive forward.

He finished the year as the QMJHL's rookie scoring leader with 49 goals and 104 points.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/halifax-mooseheads-nikolaj-ehlers-highlights-nhl-central-scouting-171409329.html

-----------

"Nikolaj Ehlers, centre/left wing, Halifax Mooseheads (13th from 22nd) — One question Central Scouting wrestles with is how to project the good little man to the NHL, since it doesn't have a crystal ball to determine how much room the big league will have for the smaller player. Ehlers is a listed at 5-foot-11 and 162 pounds but the dashing Dane has demonstrated that he's hardly riding on Jonathan Drouin's coattails with the Mooseheads. His 49 goals were the most by a Quebec League newbie since someone named Sidney Crosby. Climbing the ladder nine spots to become the top-ranked QMJHL prospect is no mean feat."

-----------

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nhl-prospect-hot-list-nikolaj-ehlers-sizzles-for-halifax/

-----------

"Nikolaj Ehlers, LW – Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

Gird yourself if Ehlers is coming down the wing against your favorite team anytime soon. The Danish phenom has put up back-to-back hat tricks, plus an assist in each of those contests, to push his points total to 91 with 43 goals through 57 games.

“It’s been a great season so far,” Ehlers said. “I definitely do not regret coming over and it’s not just the hockey, but the city of Halifax, too.”

Born in Denmark, Ehlers is the son of a hockey coach who moved the whole family to Switzerland when Nikolaj was 11 years old. That helped the burgeoning winger turn into the prospect he is today.

“I was really happy that my dad made that decision,” he said. “The hockey in Switzerland is a lot better than in Denmark.”

An incredibly skilled forward, Ehlers makes plays at high speeds and doesn’t mind going to the tough areas in order to score. Scouts see him as an excellent complementary player and have even hesitantly brought up teammate Jonathan Drouin as a comparable, as lofty as that sounds. While playing for Biel last year, he even got to practise with locked-out NHL stars Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane. And along with getting the Mooseheads back to the Memorial Cup for a title defense, Ehlers will be counted on at the world juniors next season with Denmark.

In the past 12 months or so, he helped the Danes get up to the top bracket at both the under-18s and the world juniors; an obvious point of pride for him.

“The thing we have is team chemistry,” Ehlers said. “Every player and staff member would say the same thing. We step up for each other and from the defense comes the offense.”

Though the Danes will be underdogs, folks around the Quebec League can tell you what happens if you don’t keep an eye on Ehlers at all times. Draft eligible in 2014."

-----------

This guy has come from being an underdog to the draft to being a potential superstar. If we trade Kesler, for instance, for top 5 pick and a Center he'll be worth it.

Ehlers+ Nylander= $$$$$$$ in Vancouver

Well...maybe after he puts on some weight - 165 lbs?

Which he will. Look at the way he plays the game at that weight (why I am not so high on Ritchie as others) and imagine how effective he will be when he adds to his current frame.

C'mon draft lotto, you know you want to give Van the #1.

Which he will. Look at the way he plays the game at that weight (why I am not so high on Ritchie as others) and imagine how effective he will be when he adds to his current frame.

C'mon draft lotto, you know you want to give Van the #1.

Hope they rig it and give the #1 draft pick to us bring us into the top 5!

Archived