The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

Ehlers is the only player I've seen this year that lifts me out of my chair watching some of the plays he makes. Reminds me stylistically of a young Pavel Bure.

there. I said it.

It's the players who go un-noticed game in game out doing all the small things right that win championships. The gritty hard working two way players that lead teams to the top.

That said we won't be drafting that guy 6-7 range. There are a couple players I'd like that will likely not be around at the 6 slot. And other players that aren't worth drafting that early.

We are in a weird position where we are hoping some players drop or shoukd consider trading down. Sounds dumb but who knows what direction the organization wants to go with the new GM and Linden and whether or not Torts is here.

Find me at the game tonight, hey?

I'm going to be up in the bowl waving a stick with a white towel and Ehlers' face printed on it.

If so, I'll be looking for you.

a glorified jordan shroeder

no thanks

He's quite a bit bigger than Schroeder. Alot better skater (not that skating is a weakness for JS, just saying Ehlers skating is on another level) and he's a shooter.

Don't think the comparison is really there.

He's quite a bit bigger than Schroeder. Alot better skater (not that skating is a weakness for JS, just saying Ehlers skating is on another level) and he's a shooter.

Don't think the comparison is really there.

He's got a couple inches on JS, but Schroeder is much heavier and stockier. If I recall JS had the best bench press stats at the NHL combine. Meanwhile Ehlers is 165 lbs soaking wet.

Schroeder was also ranked much higher than Ehlers and fell due to his size. I could see Ehlers falling even further than Schroeder did. Then again you might get a team that reaches for him. Who knows, the draft is always interesting.

He's got a couple inches on JS, but Schroeder is much heavier and stockier. If I recall JS had the best bench press stats at the NHL combine. Meanwhile Ehlers is 165 lbs soaking wet.

Schroeder was also ranked much higher than Ehlers and fell due to his size. I could see Ehlers falling even further than Schroeder did. Then again you might get a team that reaches for him. Who knows, the draft is always interesting.

He's got the same amount of height on Schroeder that Virtanen does on him. Schroeder was about 175 pounds at the combine, which is probably around where Ehlers will end up at the combine. (170) Schroeder was stocky for his size, but he needed that cause he's shorter than the most NHLer, Ehlers isn't.

It's going to be an interesting top 5. We've heard rumors of who each team is interested in. Reino may very well drop to 5/6th. Draisatl if Ekblad is gone is suppose to be high on Edmonton's list.

If any of the top 5 teams go off the board, we take the one who is left. If they all go as planned, I take Ehlers 6th.

I love all the CDCers (at least there are only a few) who always state so assertively that 'Player X' is going to be the best possible pick. These assertions are typically based on a few highlight videos and catching a couple CHL games online or on Rogers.

Unless you are a season ticket holder for the Mooseheads, you probably haven't seen enough of Ehlers to be talking about how great he is.

These types of posters crop up at every draft. I remember the Kyle Beech and Zach Boychuk fanboys from not too long ago.

Gagner never had that kind of speed.

But he had a dynamic force playing alongside him, boosting his value.

Gagner is not slow, btw.

I equate Ehlers to a slightly better (but just as slight) Anton Rodin. We should not pick skinny and/or small projects just because they're fast. We've done that in the recent past a lot and it hasn't helped us.

But he had a dynamic force playing alongside him, boosting his value.

Gagner is not slow, btw.

And Drouin had Mackinnon to boost his value.

So does that mean Drouin is not actually a good player?

No, it means good players that play with other good players become better because of it.

Both Virtanen and Tuch are ranked higher in Central Scouting final rankings, and they have more NHL-ready bodies. Since both are organizational needs and Ehlers is redundant on a team with Shinkaruk in it's prospect pool, it's kinda obvious that we should avoide Ehlers.

Archived