The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Barry Trotz Leading Head Coach Candidate?

Danimal

No GM yet. The GM has to have the ability to hire his own coach.

No GM yet. The GM has to have the ability to hire his own coach.

all indications from Linden is that he would be making a decision on a coach, before the hiring of a GM. It's obvious that Linden is going to be running this team.

Let's all be patient folks .. hiring a new GM and assessing this team going forward is a 'process', as Trevor intimated, and Trevor would never cut the legs out from under his new GM by hiring a coach 'out of turn' IMO

I'm starting to think they are planning to use a Colorado model of GM by committee. Didn't you think, from his interview last night, that Linden would be making the decision on JT, before a new GM is hired?

Id' say no to Trotz

and like posters before ..... patience !!!

Guys are cleaning their locker today

Then everyone will get their exit interviews

Will be interesting to find out what came out of the coaches interviews

Then Tuesday is the lottery draft pick

Wishing we end up with a lucky number

(can someone clarify something about the draft lottery, i hear that we cannot move up more than 4 positions ?? So being # 6 and if we win the draft lottery we can only move to # 2 ??)

It will be an interesting month. I can't wait also on a report on Daniel's situation

Id' say to to Trotz

and like posters before ..... patience !!!

Guys are cleaning their locker today

Then everyone will get their exit interviews

Will be interesting to find out what came out of the coaches interviews

Then Tuesday is the lottery draft pick

Wishing we end up with a lucky number

(can someone clarify something about the draft lottery, i hear that we cannot move up more than 4 positions ?? So being # 6 and if we win the draft lottery we can only move to # 2 ??)

It will be an interesting month. I can't wait also on a report on Daniel's situation

No any team that wins the lottery, even of it's the team with the 14th pick currently will pick first overall

No any team that wins the lottery, even of it's the team with the 14th pick currently will pick first overall

On exception this year, The Devils, if they win, will not get it - they stay 30th no matter what.

Isn't he the coach that implemented a pure shut-down defensive game for the last 500 years?

Probably because their leading scorers have been erat and legwand lol

And they build from the back end out, it would be foolish not to play a pure defensive game

all indications from Linden is that he would be making a decision on a coach, before the hiring of a GM. It's obvious that Linden is going to be running this team.

I'm starting to think they are planning to use a Colorado model of GM by committee. Didn't you think, from his interview last night, that Linden would be making the decision on JT, before a new GM is hired?

Linden's decision about Torts does not necessarily mean that he will be making decisions about who the new coach would be should Torts be fired. Trev deciding who the new coach would be (again assuming that Torts is fired) would hurt the team's chances of hiring the best possible GM available. Linden is an intelligent guy and I don't think he'd handcuff his own team like that.

Linden may have to make a decision on Torts before a new GM is hired because of conditions in Torts' alleged 'out clause' (e.g., if the out clause becomes nullified after a certain date).

Archived