The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Willes' Musings: Kesler, Kane among big decisions facing the Canucks

here the link if you want the full article: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Willes+Musings+Kesler+Kane+among+decisions/9734658/story.html

Summary:

Trevor Linden has some big decisons to make and 2 pertain to Ryan Kesler and Evander Kane.

On Kesler:

• Shero is now open to including Pouliot in a deal for Kesler, the only reason he wouldnt before was because of Letangs injury
  • The owner is oppossed to a rebuild, and would much rather get a big name FA to play with Kesler rather than trade him
  • Linden however is in favor of moving Kesler

On Evander Kane:

• Kane has worn out his welcome in Winnipeg
  • The cost would start around VAN`s 1st round pick this year and a top prospect
  • Trevor Linden is liked around the league and his influence may make it easier to negotaite trades with other teams (the subject of nobody really wanting to deal with gillis came up as a comparison)

Side note at the end of the article:

Jim Benning is indeed the favorite for the new GM position but dont count out George McPhee

Where's he come up with this.. Just his own speculation. How's he know linden wants to move Kesler, linden just said he is going to talk to Kesler this week same with booth to figure out why's best for them.

And Shero with letang and Pouliot that must be speculation not a fact.

Evander Kane trade must be speculation as well

here the link if you want the full article: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Willes+Musings+Kesler+Kane+among+decisions/9734658/story.html

Summary:

Trevor Linden has some big decisons to make and 2 pertain to Ryan Kesler and Evander Kane.

On Kesler:

• Shero is now open to including Pouliot in a deal for Kesler, the only reason he wouldnt before was because of Letangs injury
  • The owner is oppossed to a rebuild, and would much rather get a big name FA to play with Kesler rather than trade him
  • Linden however is in favor of moving Kesler

On Evander Kane:

• Kane has worn out his welcome in Winnipeg
  • The cost would start around VAN`s 1st round pick this year and a top prospect
  • Trevor Linden is liked around the league and his influence may make it easier to negotaite trades with other teams (the subject of nobody really wanting to deal with gillis came up as a comparison)

Side note at the end of the article:

Jim Benning is indeed the favorite for the new GM position but dont count out George McPhee

Anyone who would make that trade for Erat is NOT someone I want running this team

If that note about ownership is anywhere close to true this team is going no where quick. He needs to back off and let the people he hires do their job. I love Kes but if Linden or the new GM wants to move him for a fair price I'm all for it. I think ownership is involving themselves too much.

I say no thank you to kane for our 6th and a top prospect, especially considering we traded a starting goalie for just a ninth. Kane is young but seems to be undisciplined. I think he needs a good women. Lol.

If Kane has worn out his welcome, there are reasons for it. I am not saying he couldn't be a lot different in a town where he wants to be and surrounded by a mature leadership group to help show him the way.

What I am saying is that you don't get full market value under those circumstances. That proposed deal is what Kane would fetch IF there were no questions about his character AND he was on fire.

You don't pay that for a guy putting up Chris Higgins like numbers and who has shown some attitude problems.

If that note about ownership is anywhere close to true this team is going no where quick. He needs to back off and let the people he hires do their job. I love Kes but if Linden or the new GM wants to move him for a fair price I'm all for it. I think ownership is involving themselves too much.

I say no thank you to kane for our 6th and a top prospect, especially considering we traded a starting goalie for just a ninth. Kane is young but seems to be undisciplined. I think he needs a good women. Lol.

this. i know the owner wants to be involved and he has a right to be, but let the hockey guys you hire do their job.

Yah no thanks to Kane unless we can get the assets to trade for him and ++ with a Kesler trade first! Actually the more I think about it, I would probably just rather the Canucks keep the assets acquired in a trade for Kes.

This has to be pure speculation, if the owner is vetoing moves (such as a Kesler for Pouliott ++) in favour of keeping him and adding around him (in a limited UFA pool and limited cap space) then he is meddling to much and I can't see too many people interested in being a GM with such a meddling owner.

Francesco needs to take a step back and realize that it will hurt his pocket book but a rebuild is what this team needs otherwise the canucks will end up like the Flames 2.0 where a rebuild that can potentially be done in 2 - 3 seasons takes forever to get started all the while just "barely missing the playoffs" all the while

The only reason FA vetoed that trade (if he did) was because Shero was peddling shit. We don't want Pitts 3rd best defense prospect, a late 1st round pick in a shallow draft, and an average 3rd line centre for a freakin Selke winner and top 5 2nd line centre. If he did veto it, it was Gillis was about to get fleeced AGAIN.

Trading the pick this year is a non starter unless it's a 1 for 1.

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Kane Kesler Kassian

Burrows Horvat Higgins

Archibald Richardson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrison Corrado

Stanton

Honestly I think Vancouver would be smart to avoid Kane, if they could get an extra 2015 1st for someone that could really help accelerate the rebuild if its the truth about how deep the 2015 draft is.

Getting a possible top 5 pick this year & next year + another mid 1st most definitely adds to the prospect pool in a huge way

Poulliott is also an interesting pickup especially since he plays or played with Cederholm in Portland thats a potential pair you could keep together in the AHL (not sure if Cederholm qualifies for the AHL) to see how they develop together.

The only reason FA vetoed that trade (if he did) was because Shero was peddling crap. We don't want Pitts 3rd best defense prospect, a late 1st round pick in a shallow draft, and an average 3rd line centre for a freakin Selke winner and top 5 2nd line centre. If he did veto it, it was Gillis was about to get fleeced AGAIN.

see thats just it. we are in complete opposite standpoint than we were with lu and cory. we dont have to trade kesler. teams will have to pony up and over pay if they want him. im more than fome with keeping kes in a canucks jersey. if we do trade kes. it has to be a definite win for us.

Archived