The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draisaitl vs Dal Colle

JohnLocke

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Draisaitl had 44 more points than any other forward on his team, and 61 more than his teams 3rd leading forward scorer.

Oshawa was a much stronger team, and Dal Colle, while still dominant, got to play with a 1st round pick in Laughton.

And yet, Draisaitl still outscored him by a fair margin.

Draisaitl literally his teams whole offence, I'd take him over Dal Colle no question.

Sadly though, I think both will be gone by the 6th overall pick.

Draisaitl 4th, Dal Colle 5th.

Someone made a point in the Draft thread that Leon Draistl put up his numbers basically independently.

He had 105 points for the season and the next scoring leader on the team was at around 60 points.

That's very impressive!

Dal Colle impresses me a LOT.

The fact he's putting up those numbers at 17 is very impressive and I think it's being overlooked.

He can go to the dirty areas, has a wicked shot, and like others have mentioned he already has chemistry with Cassels.

I think either pick would benefit this team, only problem is we most likely need to trade up to snag one of these beauts.

Draisaitl had 44 more points than any other forward on his team, and 61 more than his teams 3rd leading forward scorer.

Oshawa was a much stronger team, and Dal Colle, while still dominant, got to play with a 1st round pick in Laughton.

And yet, Drasisaitl still outscored him by a fair margin.

Draisaitl literally his teams whole offence, I'd take him over Dal Colle no question.

Draisaitl 4th overall, Dal Colle 5th.

I would pick Dal Colle. I've been doing a bit of reading on him (and Draisaitl too) and apparently he doesn't play with Laughton. For the majority of the year he was playing with Cassels. Furthermore, Dal Colle has been putting up elite numbers as a 17 year old. Imagine what he'll do with another year of growth and muscle as an 18 year old!

Also, speed, size, and skill kills in this league. Dal Colle has all three, whereas Draisaitl has been criticized for being noticeably slow. Draisaitl's skating isn't horrible but average at best. People have been comparing his speed with Vanek or the Sedins. Strong on their feet but a definitive lack of foot speed.

That being said, a big centre with unreal skill in both distributing the puck and putting it in the net is highly coveted.

Both are C/LW. Can play both positions, dal colle is barley taller than Draisaitl is More physically mature and heavier, I'd say Leon is faster too. But speed isn't their game. They both are great young players.

I see Dal Colle as an Elite complementary player, whereas I see Leon as an Elite leader. A player who makes his line mates better.

I would love to draft both/either, but Leon is such a blend. He really is similar to kopitar, in that he is a large playmaking centre with no major deficiencies makes his teammates better players and his IQ and vision are amazing. I really like Draisaitl. I have Dal Colle right after him though.

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennett

Draisaitl

Dal Colle

I would pick Dal Colle. I've been doing a bit of reading on him (and Draisaitl too) and apparently he doesn't play with Laughton. For the majority of the year he was playing with Cassels. Furthermore, Dal Colle has been putting up elite numbers as a 17 year old. Imagine what he'll do with another year of growth and muscle as an 18 year old!

Also, speed, size, and skill kills in this league. Dal Colle has all three, whereas Draisaitl has been criticized for being noticeably slow. Draisaitl's skating isn't horrible but average at best. People have been comparing his speed with Vanek or the Sedins. Strong on their feet but a definitive lack of foot speed.

That being said, a big centre with unreal skill in both distributing the puck and putting it in the net is highly coveted.

His skating was pointed to be his only part of his game that wasn't exceptional, watch him play and tell me he is slow. Dal Colle has been quoted at needing to work on his speed and adding weight to his frame. Don't know why you have said Dal Colles strength is his speed cause it isn't. Dal Colle has the skill and te frame , he does not have size or speed yet in my opinion but he will.

Both are C/LW. Can play both positions, dal colle is barley taller than Draisaitl is More physically mature and heavier, I'd say Leon is faster too. But speed isn't their game. They both are great young players.

I see Dal Colle as an Elite complementary player, whereas I see Leon as an Elite leader. A player who makes his line mates better.

I would love to draft both/either, but Leon is such a blend. He really is similar to kopitar, in that he is a large playmaking centre with no major deficiencies makes his teammates better players and his IQ and vision are amazing. I really like Draisaitl. I have Dal Colle right after him though.

Ekblad

Reinhart

Bennett

Draisaitl

Dal Colle

That's my top five in the same order. Who do you take at #6?

I like Dal Colle, always nice having pre-existing chemistry with your young players, plus he's a wicked player. Draistil I love as well...it's like asking what do you like better, cake, or CAKE! If Canucks lare able to land either one of these extremely talented players, our organization will be the stronger for it going forward.

Here's to hoping Flames or Oilers do something stupid and draft off the board!! Or fk it, let's win the lottery and have our pick! mwahaha

Wut? I think you need to check your sources mate. Laughton centred a line with Dal Colle regularly while Cassels was bumped down to the 2nd line as a shutdown centre who could put up points. Laughton was supposed to be that guy but was just flat while Cassels and Dal Colle were ripping it up. So he got time with the rookie and was still pretty invisible (though Dal Colle did well). Then when it's PP time, all 3 tend to be on the first unit (with a 4th forward). Dal Colle is great but it's clear that Cassels is the piece that makes that team go.

Draisaitl is the beginning and ending of his team's offense. He's not a one-man army though, he takes the shot when he needs to, makes the hit when he needs to, and puts it on his linemates' tape for the tap in when he needs to. Draisaitl is going to be the best pick of this draft.

Archived