Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1SportsLover1

Draft Virtanen!

467 posts in this topic

There is nothing like being able to watch an unbelievable skater come down the wing and snipe one, and then lay somebody out. Skating and shooting is like breathing for this kid. Even as a 15 year old he refused to back down. He was a #1 pick for a reason and the resume of the #1 pick is amazng. He will be sitting there and we need to take him. Its not like we have to hope he falls to us, we just need to call his name and hes ours. He will blow people away the moment he arrives!

Ranked #6. Our draft position.

He has the tools. Question is if he puts it all together at the NHL level. Odds are he will with an Oshie-like upside.

He's also a right-hander, which the Canucks lack.

Local boy. Loved the Canucks Linden as a kid. Plays kinda like Linden did.

Would not have a problem with this. If not take Fleury or Tuch.

IF there is a trade that nets us a pick between 9 and 15 and he is available yes we take him. But not with the 6th or a potential lottery win sorry.

Well written and I agree with all of this. Virtanen and Tuch have been on my radar for RW's all year long. Still hope there's a trade that gets us Anaheims two 1st round picks and we can get Dal Colle Virtanen and Tuch or Honka.

But...ya man cannot do it with the 6th overall if Draistl, Dal Colle or Ritchie are available

I would consider it given the team's direction (skill game or physical game), but I would much rather draft offensive skill. Some people think that Virtanen is a finisher and not a playmaker; the kid can not create offense off the cycle or with zone play. With the 6th overall draft pick, we should be able to get a guy that can both create plays and finish them.

That being said, for the sake of staying physical in a tough Pacific division, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Virtanen. If we added a another top 10 pick and drafted a highly skilled guy with our own 6th overall, then snagging Virtanen with the other pick would be even better.

If we take him with the 6th pick it will be insanity. No way he should go 6th.

This kid is so rare, he as the entire skill set and tools to make a Superstar! look at draisitl, potential #2 pick, ppl say he has cement feet for skating, been compared to sedins. There was a Boston Bruins fan saying he thinks Virtanen is being way overlooked and that he will and a force in this league, he said our canucks need to take the hometown boy.

Canuck fans are unsure if they want to go back to the skill game or lean toward the physical game, Virtanen is both!

What is the deal here, everyone keeps saying i like him but not 6th? He combines skill like the blackawks and physicality like the bruins. He is the BEST skater and shot in the draft, was the #1 pick in junior draft and will be a stud. The moment he steps on the ice for us if we get him he will score goals from the get go. Why in the hell do people say oh I would rather ritchi exc WTF! Virtanen as an unbelievable ceiling. Could be an all time steal. He is better than these other guys like ritchie in every aspect.

Just take him at 6th overall. Unless we win the lottery of course.

You go on an on about him being the 1st overall pick in the WHL draft...

He wasn't drafted ahead of Draisaitl because Draisaitl wasn't eligible for the WHL draft. He was a part of the import draft.

Additionally, why would that even matter? The 1st overall pick in the WHL draft in 2010 was Alex Forsberg, who went undrafted in the NHL. Bantam draft rarely means a thing.

Virtanen at #6 is a no for me.

If we were picking around 10th? Sure. But I wouldn't take him above Dal Colle, Draisaitl, Ehlers, or Ritchie.

Every expert when they describe him, they say he will be an offensive powerhouse. watch highlights and you will see, when he gets a step on the defender, game over. hes gone! Its hard enough trying to stop a fast speedster, but when that player can put the puck exactly where he wants, AND enjoys being physical and will get in your grill, he is literally the last player you want to see. A scout said when he was 15 , he had the hardest shot he has ever seen, he said it made a different sound coming of his stick, like a great batter in baseball. I would LOVE to see him skate circles around the kings and blues exc.

Virtanen is no doubt a good player but here's concerns he's selfish and can only score points off the rush. In the NHL where it'll be far harder to weave through players to score, he'll need to do more than that.

Plus, I haven't seen Virtanen ranked in the top 6 of any final draft rankings.

In face:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

Virtanen is 41st on this draft ranking.

I don't think he's that bad but clearly he's not a consensus top 6 pick.