The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary Stabbing

drummer4now

Police say five people were killed in a stabbing rampage at a house party in a quiet neighbourhood northwest Calgary overnight and the arrested suspect is the son of a senior Calgary police.

The victims are four men and one woman, all between 22 and 27-years-old. The victims’ families are still being notified and their names have not been released.

“This is the worst mass murder in Calgary’s history,” Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson said Tuesday.

The incident occurred at about 1:20 a.m. at a home on the 100 block of Butler Crescent N.W. Neighbours told the National Post the house party appeared to have quieted down at about 9 p.m and they never heard any screams or commotion overnight.

Hanson said the suspect was invited to the party and began stabbing the victims one-by-one shortly after he arrived. The weapon primarily used was obtained in the home.

“All of [the victims] were taken off guard by some degree,” Hanson said. “My understanding is that there wasn’t anyone that was asleep at the time, but that is preliminary.”

Police said the suspect had a second “instrument” on him and had no history with police.

Police have not indicated a possible motive and said they did not have any knowledge of any event that may that precipitated the attack. They also said there was nothing to indicate the suspect was impaired in any way and he had left work to come to the party.

Hanson said about 20 people were at the party at the time of the party.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/15/calgary-stabbing-rampage-at-house-party-kills-five-young-people/

I wonder what motivated the guy to kill 5 people at a house party?

See, you could kill 5 people with a knife.

What do the ban gun nuts have to say about this?

Ban knifes?

The knife according to CBC was a kitchen style knife not like a dagger... Also drugs and alcohol was most likely involved. What gets me how 20 people couldn't stop the guy?

If that's the worst "killing spree" that they've ever had, then that's pretty good. Not that it's not sad or anything - it's most assuredly sad that 5 people's lives were lost, and now 5 families are going to be grieving - but still.

Prayers are with the families. Losing a loved one is not something to be taken lightly.

If that's the worst "killing spree" that they've ever had, then that's pretty good. Not that it's not sad or anything - it's most assuredly sad that 5 people's lives were lost, and now 5 families are going to be grieving - but still.

Prayers are with the families. Losing a loved one is not something to be taken lightly.

Pretty good? lol Tiggies pls..

Ban knifes?

Treat the mentally ill .. you can kill 100 people with a bomb made from household cleaners .. it is just a lot more work than with a gun.

Everytime without fail when there is a shooting incident in the US, the argument of gun control comes up.

I am merely pointing out that a person will kill with whatever means are available if that person choose to kill. In Canada, it is relatively difficult to obtain a gun so most murders are done by knife. In China, whenever there is a mass killing, it is usually done by knives because the country's ban on guns.

Ban knifes?

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

The knife according to CBC was a kitchen style knife not like a dagger... Also drugs and alcohol was most likely involved. What gets me how 20 people couldn't stop the guy?

They were on drugs and alcohol too?

Everytime without fail when there is a shooting incident in the US, the argument of gun control comes up.

I am merely pointing out that a person will kill with whatever means are available if that person choose to kill. In Canada, it is relativelydifficult to obtain a gun so most murders are done by knife. In China, whenever there is a mass killing, it is usually done by knives because the country's ban on guns.

This thread isn't a gun law debate ok? please don't deviate from this tragedy.. If you want to debate guns make separate thread about it.

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Have you read my follow up post?

I am merely pointing out that a person will kill with whatever means are available if that person choose to kill. In Canada, it is relatively difficult to obtain a gun so most murders are done by knife. In China, whenever there is a mass killing, it is usually done by knives because the country's ban on guns.

Update..

Matthew de Grood, 23, ID'd as suspect in Calgary's worst mass murder
Policeman's son will face 5 counts of 1st-degree murder after stabbings at house party, chief says

CBC News Posted: Apr 15, 2014 6:05 AM MT Last Updated: Apr 15, 2014 2:13 PM MT

Archived