The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary Stabbing

drummer4now

Everytime without fail when there is a shooting incident in the US, the argument of gun control comes up.

I am merely pointing out that a person will kill with whatever means are available if that person choose to kill. In Canada, it is relatively difficult to obtain a gun so most murders are done by knife. In China, whenever there is a mass killing, it is usually done by knives because the country's ban on guns.

And as others have pointed out, it's easier to kill with a gun.

Prayers and thoughts to all involved with this tragedy...

Everytime without fail when there is a shooting incident in the US, the argument of gun control comes up.

I am merely pointing out that a person will kill with whatever means are available if that person choose to kill. In Canada, it is relatively difficult to obtain a gun so most murders are done by knife. In China, whenever there is a mass killing, it is usually done by knives because the country's ban on guns.

And the murder rate in the States is off the hook.

We use knives in our daily lives, they're practical. Guns aren't unless you want to kill people. It's just common sense. Don't give people machines whose only use is to kill.

Do you live in Canada ? Grab a license for 250 and blamo gun shopping. The reason why there are not massive amounts of shootings here is because CANADIANS do not choose to arm themselves with fire arms. WE use them to hunt, target practice even collect them.

The American constitution has created a very dangerous atmosphere of FEAR amongst it's citizens making them fearful enough to buy and carry weapons on a daily basis. Country wide. What did they think was going to happen if they kept 200 year old antiquated laws in place ?

The mentality that owning a gun for protection in the US as a God-Given right is insane. It perpetuates the sales of millions of fire arms and a care free attitude in owning them. Completely amend the laws to eliminate the manufacturing of assault rifles and restricted weapons to the public. Take it one step further and educate society in benevolence instead of violence ?

Stop glorifying death and murder to the masses and we wont have generations of mentally unstable people ready to mow down 60 people at a McDonald parking lot.

Are you...being serious?I mean you might as well say ban pool noodles because one person choked another person to death with one and call it the same argument.

So we should be ok with making it easier for them to be murdered?

Guns are easier to spell than knives?

You do realize if he had a gun he would most likely killed more than 5 people?

And as others have pointed out, it's easier to kill with a gun.

Prayers and thoughts to all involved with this tragedy...

Ease, impact, etc. still does nothing to address the actual problem, and is the real reason why the US is how it is. People want to kill each other. If you don't fix that, you won't stop people from getting killed. It doesn't matter what is used, it is still against the law to kill someone and yet people do it.

WTF is wrong with people?

Ikr, but I think it stems from the social stigma towards mental health issues. Theres no reports to suggest he has mental health issues, but it seems to be the case. Most of the time when someone is in a state despair they have no idea what they are doing till after the fact unless they are some sick sob. It will be interesting to hear what his reason was...

Reminds me of that shooting in Seattle 7 or 8 years ago. Some friends at a rave invited this guy they had just met to an afterparty at a house. The guy came and sat not talking to anyone for an hour or so, then went out to his car. People assumed he had left but he came back in shooting.

RIP to the deceased.

. What gets me how 20 people couldn't stop the guy?

The initial investigation says the victims were each taken off guard by the attack. Implying that they did not know he had just stabbed the others before them. 20 people. Maybe some outside smoking and in different rooms. Loud music playing. People drunk or stoned or both and nobody expecting anything like that to ever happen.

If the guy had had a gun maybe all 20 would be dead.

When i was shot Don it was because there was a gun in close proximity at the time , it was a heat of the moment not a premeditated act.

5 people have been killed others have been injured and your first thought is to attack people who do not like guns ?

Everytime there is a gun shooting, the first thing gun haters do is to blame guns for the incident. So what is the difference? Five people were killed WITHOUT a gun. Yet when five people are killed with guns, the knee jerk reaction is to blame guns.

Reminds me of that shooting in Seattle 7 or 8 years ago. Some friends at a rave invited this guy they had just met to an afterparty at a house. The guy came and sat not talking to anyone for an hour or so, then went out to his car. People assumed he had left but he came back in shooting.

RIP to the deceased.

That's scary!

Very sad. Maybe I'm getting old but house parties scare me. I've just never been a fan of mass gatherings at random peoples' houses. The only time I ever go to house parties is if it's a small group and I know the person whose house it is pretty well.

Apparently U of C was tweeting and asking students to call their parents and let them know that they were ok. The school had hysterical parents calling to ask about their kids because they hadn't heard from their kids directly and they were not sure if their kids had been at that party.

Seriously kids, is it so hard to call or text your parents and let them know you're not dead!? SMH

Archived