The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ISS/CS Draft Rankings - 2014 NHL Entry Draft

motzaburger

I'll have to dig up the report but he's gone on record saying he really likes Ritchie. I think he also said he wasn't as high on Leon.

And even with that, Ehlers' rise has been absolutely meteoric, much like Ryan Stromes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Islanders pick up Ehlers.

The best thing about Ehlers is that he's kept pace with Drouin but he doesn't even play on the same line as him. He had a small adjustment period but his ppg on a monthly basis just kept rising and rising.

The Islanders won't be picking anyone -- they have to give the pick up this year or be faced with giving up a likely top player in a deeper draft next year. Buffalo will have two picks in the top five in 2014.

Invisible? We complain about not having a winger to play with Kes and this kid immediately fit in with Benn and Seguin on the top line. I live in the Dallas area and have watched him quite a bit. His upside is very high for a kid his age, plus he is big while still putting on weight. 34 points as a rookie is not bad at all. He has Malkin'esque potential and will keep trending that way by playing with two studs.

If we get Draisaitl or Dal Colle, I am super happy. If someone grabs Nylander in the top 5, we will a chance to draft one of these players.

It will be interesting to see if we trade a vet like Higgins, Booth or Hansen for a prospect or picks. Who knows, maybe we can find another Pavel Bure like player in the 6th round.....ok that is a far fetched fantasy but we probably thought that in the year Pavel was picked.

Invisible? We complain about not having a winger to play with Kes and this kid immediately fit in with Benn and Seguin on the top line. I live in the Dallas area and have watched him quite a bit. His upside is very high for a kid his age, plus he is big while still putting on weight. 34 points as a rookie is not bad at all. He has Malkin'esque potential and will keep trending that way by playing with two studs.

Jensen fit in with Henrik and Burrows and looked like the most dynamic player on our team, he has Malkin'esque potential.

Can you show me the quote where Linden says this. I find it hard to believe that he would pinpoint his draft selection months before the draft without even knowing who the best player avail would be.

Thanks to DeNiro, I tracked it down to Global BC:

http://globalnews.ca/video/1273886/canucks-pick-6th-at-nhl-2014-draft

Near the beginning he talks about drafting #6 this year practically drooling over the big strong wingers available this year, and again, near the end he confirms they want to hold onto the pick and use it.

He talks about BPA and about making moves to help the team, but on balance, he says they're gonna keep the pick and use it for a big strong winger.

I just can't get over the Ritchie hilights. The kid is a huge talent. Heads up player, likes to use his size.

To me he looks better than Virtanen.

It's starting to look as if nobody falls from the top 5, then Ritchie is the man at 6. A man of that size with those hands and skating ability is nearly impossible to pass up at that point.

It's starting to look as if nobody falls from the top 5, then Ritchie is the man at 6. A man of that size with those hands and skating ability is nearly impossible to pass up at that point.

ya hes a definite lock ti be a successful nhl player.

not

The ISS is all over the place

Nylander 5th

Tuch 8th - seems too high

Virtanen 10th - seems too low for about the youngest guy in the draft with 45 goals in the WHL

McCann 15th - seems too low

Hunter Smith - seems too high

Lemieux, glover, demko - all not in the top 30

I just can't get over the Ritchie hilights. The kid is a huge talent. Heads up player, likes to use his size.

To me he looks better than Virtanen.

No doubt. Virtanen's stock will rise during the U18 tournament since he'll be able to skate around players on the large ice. Hopefully someone is dumb enough top pick him in the top 5. But if not, Ritchie all the way.

Nichushkin has already shown more than Jensen. That was my point. I understand Jensen has not played as much, but there is a reason for that. Jensen will be a good 2nd line winger in the future, but I give it 2-3 more years before Val is putting up 30G, 30+A on the season. He is only 19 and has tons of room to grow.

I hope to hell Horvat pans out the way we would like him to, but Val is already making a name for himself here in Dallas and we could have taken him 1 pick later. Thankfully MG is no longer here to trade him before he hits his prime like Cody.

That said, I took some time last night to watch video on the prospective top 10 picks in this year's draft and I cannot stop thinking about Draisaitl. Kid looks NHL ready right now and is only going to get better. A few mock drafts have the Oil taking him, but I hope he falls to us. Ritchie reminds me of Kassian and we already have that element. Virtanen looks like he has a lot of offensive upside, but also looks a year or more away. That Tuch kid from U-18 US is going to be a stud as well, but we need offense.

Archived