The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposals] Moving up in the Draft

Been thinking about this.....just not sure which one works best......wouldn't mind some help. PLZ

#1 Edler and our 6th over all for Buffalo's 2nd over all

#2 Edler and our 6th over all for NYI 4th over all and 2015 2nd

#3 Keep our own and hope Calgary picks a power forward...

Why Buffalo does this..............Edler plays great with Ehrhoff and they could end up getting the player they were going to pick anyways.........certainly a good player....in a weak draft, not a bad risk, if any!

Why the Islanders do it............Edler adds Offense and they only move 2 spots......this will take the sting out of not having a 1st next year!

Why Vancouver does it (The GM)...........Next year Vancouver will be much higher in the standings and this is their chance to get a top end Center.....next years pick is in the mid to late teens.......and we should pick a dman

Why Linden doesn't do it (The Pres)..........and this scares me with all our NTC contracts........he was head of the NHLPA, and I am not sure he can change who he is......ethically he shouldn't be able to do it.......I wonder if he can change????

Buffalo isn't looking for a Edler they are full rebuild.

Is two spots all we get for Edler? If then need to get him some value before we trade him

Moving up 2 spots gets us a potential 1st line center, and a 2nd for a dman....we also rid ourselves of a 5,000.000 NTC contract

Likely any trade (either down or up) will happen on draft day.

Think so? I think any trade that involves one of our NTC contracts will take longer than a day. as agreement with the player has to happen, just don't think that can happen in 1 day.........remember Linden's hint of bigger things!

I hope Brian Burke sticks to his "truculent" team mentality and passes on Draisaitl. Also hoping NYI passes on him too. It isn't impossible, expect the unexpected; after all, Seth Jones went down 2/3 spots last year and basically fell into Nashville's lap. I'm hoping the same for Draisaitl and the Canucks. At least shed a bit of light in these dark times.

Nobody wants the league leader in minus.

I disagree, even though he's had a bad year, the league will recognize that he's still got some value. Obviously not what he used to have - but not "Nobody".

Everyone on the team had a bad season.

We could also move Garrison or Bieksa or Tanev as well. The time to move up in the draft and get #1 star... NOW. Not later. Now.

I disagree, even though he's had a bad year, the league will recognize that he's still got some value. Obviously not what he used to have - but not "Nobody".

Everyone on the team had a bad season.

We could also move Garrison or Bieksa or Tanev as well. The time to move up in the draft and get #1 star... NOW. Not later. Now.

I agrre totally with you...but no to Bieksa........brings too many intangibles.....sorry!

For those wanting to trade up it will likely require us losing Kesler (to whomever) and/or Tanev.

I posted this in another thread but a realistic proposal to FLA for the #1 overall selection would take

Our pick + Tanev. If we lose Tanev we draft Ekblad.

Or if Kesler is traded to Anaheim.. I'd like to say trading 10th overall (ott) and ~27th overall + Tanev would get it done but I doubt it.

Or keep tanev and offer 6th, 10th, 27th + Shroeder and/or Hansen? But that just seems like a pile of our garbage.

so apparently on hfboards.com is that on their radio station, it is confirmed that if he's avaialble the oilers will draft drastl. apparently they've already had some talks with him, they've even visited him, and even OIlers fans are saying that the 3rd pick 99 percent leon drastl. if that's the case lets hope burke will draft ritchie, which Islanders will select sam bennet with the 5th pick and we land the last tier 1 player in the draft, Michael dal cole

Archived