The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)Draft Day Deal...no one's thinking about.

I'm so happy for the Canucks as they finally have a fantastic pick, we use to get excited when we had a 10th overall, now we have a legit chance at a legit high-end prospect.

"Hold the phone", I can see Trevor Linden making a massive splash by not trading-up but actually trading-down. He without a doubt covets Evander Kane and the Jets are all but done with him. There is no doubt that Edler last days as a Canuck are also here as well, Edler will waive just to get out of VanCity and Winnipeg covets Edler. The perfect storm is here, Edler and 2014 1st(6th overall) for E.Kane and 2014 1st(9th overall). This gives Kesler his legit high end winger, and if the plan is to move Kesler, hopefully he will net another top 6 player and we sign UFA P.Statsny to play with Kane. Regardless, if the Canucks trade down for E.Kane the retool is well on it's way. Getter done Trev...

Seguin and Kans aren't even comparable. Seguin is just on a different level and is a top 15 player in the league.

But he wasn't before the trade... which was the point he was trying to make.

Before he was traded Seguin was getting the biz, being called a party boy, junk like that.

Just like Kane is now.

I actually find this proposal believable.

Edler (who is severely underachieving and may need a change of scenery) plus a top 10 pick, for Kane (reportedly not happy in Winnipeg, is a local boy (although I know that doesn't actually mean much), and brings offence) plus a lower top 10 pick, since as of now Kane's value > Edler's value so the pick compensates.

I'm so happy for the Canucks as they finally have a fantastic pick, we use to get excited when we had a 10th overall, now we have a legit chance at a legit high-end prospect.

"Hold the phone", I can see Trevor Linden making a massive splash by not trading-up but actually trading-down. He without a doubt covets Evander Kane and the Jets are all but done with him. There is no doubt that Edler last days as a Canuck are also here as well, Edler will waive just to get out of VanCity and Winnipeg covets Edler. The perfect storm is here, Edler and 2014 1st(6th overall) for E.Kane and 2014 1st(9th overall). This gives Kesler his legit high end winger, and if the plan is to move Kesler, hopefully he will net another top 6 player and we sign UFA P.Statsny to play with Kane. Regardless, if the Canucks trade down for E.Kane the retool is well on it's way. Getter done Trev...

And you know how? source? <_<

Edler will waive just to get out of VanCity

According to Dan Murphy, Edler would not waive his ntc "just to get out of VanCity"

Murphy's March 5 tweet: "Alex Edler told me you don't sign a 6-year deal with a NTC so you can leave town shortly after #canucks Don't think he'd waive."

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/441302132365328385

But hey, maybe Edler might have changed his mind over the last month?

I would support this trade. But its up to Linden I know he and our new GM will do whats right. We should prob lay off the Kane talk too so we don't create so much hype it gives WPG the advantage in negotiations. I'd be happy with Jeff Skinner too.

I would support this trade. But its up to Linden I know he and our new GM will do whats right. We should prob lay off the Kane talk too so we don't create so much hype it gives WPG the advantage in negotiations. I'd be happy with Jeff Skinner too.

Haha Skinner would fit in well.

1. Shinkaruk - Kesler - Skinner: Also known as the Red Cross line.

RM9a3rn.gif843870251.gif?w=634&h=354Skinner2.gif

2. Sedin - Sedin - Skinner: Skinner adds another dimension to the unmanly jokes with his figure skating

jeff-skinner-figure-skating.gif

3. The apprentice to Kesler in graceful diving class

BIbP4mX.gif

:bigblush:

I'd do it but its risky my friend...

I think Edler will be traded for another struggling D man. Matt Carle . Jack Johnson or Tyler Myers...

I'd do it but its risky my friend...

I think Edler will be traded for another struggling D man. Matt Carle . Jack Johnson or Tyler Myers...

I think this too although with the recent success of CBJ I wouldn't say Johnson is struggling. I've thought maybe Buffalo was a destination for Edler before & maybe Myers could be the piece. They would still have Ehrhoff to move if they wished for other pieces.

Kane does sound like a headcase but what do we know, we're not in those locker rooms. You would think some time with Bieksa should he choose to get out of hand would prevent him from doing so again? Torts would have a new whipping boy for sure.

Archived