The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Canucks attempt to Tradeup for Sam Reinhart?

*Buzzsaw*

We know Sam Reinhart comes from a great pedigree, and is a nice prospect.

There is every chance he would play a lot harder if he was on the Canucks roster, following in the footsteps of his Dad. He is BC born.

Is it worth our while to try a Trade Up with the 3rd place team? Or the 2nd place team if they are thinking of taking him earlier?

He definitely has Captain qualities, and would be a great addition.

Comments?

If they think he is a must have and won't make it to #6 (he won't), then I would expect them to attempt to move up. I'd expect most GM's to at least find out what it costs if that is the case. Otherwise, I'd be worried about our management.

This. Inquire, maybe make a soft offer, and gauge the value of Reinhart. I personally don't think he is worth going all out for though.

This. Inquire, maybe make a soft offer, and gauge the value of Reinhart. I personally don't think he is worth going all out for though.

Now this is the smart reply.

Reinhart is not a superstar, probably not a star... but he has excellent qualities a second liner for sure.

kesler to anaheim for ottawa's 10th overall, their own 2014 1st round pick and sami vatanen.

6th overall, 10th overall, anaheim's 1st (25-30 most likely) to buffalo for 2nd overall.

draft reinhart.

at the end of the day it's kesler for reinhart and vatanen. not bad. not necessarily a home run either though.

Archived