The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Canucks attempt to Tradeup for Sam Reinhart?

*Buzzsaw*

An overpayment?

Kane is a 22 year old future superstar who would be just scary with Kassian, for a journeyman potential T4D who will always be too small for the WC, and a 6th overall in one of the weakest drafts?

Really?

Well since you put it that way, why wouldn't the Jets take that offer? Derp, derp, derp.

An overpayment?

Kane is a 22 year old future superstar who would be just scary with Kassian, for a journeyman potential T4D who will always be too small for the WC, and a 6th overall in one of the weakest drafts?

Really?

You can't predict what kind of player Kane is going to be. Stop acting like you know your crap. You really don't.

Really? Your logic is flawed.

As of now Tanev's a top 4 shut down defenseman with #2 potential. Tanev has a bit of Hamhuis(first pass, skating, etc) in his game but with characteristics of Salo(Poise, Calm, etc). Tanev would make a great complementary partner to an elite defenseman

+12 6G 11A in 64 games, Tied for 1st in Shot blocks on our team(Tied for 35th overall), rarely turns the puck over or take penalties, best shooting % of all our defense on the 3rd worst offensive team proves that Tanev has that potential. Tanev has been very successful without having much of a physical element to his game.

I would for the right price, obvious statement is obvious. After the last few deals we've done, I think I am done watching Van get fleeced in trades. If we can deal Edler or Garrison, or maybe Bieksa and a pick for 1st or 2nd overall. I'd be ok. Cap and Reinhart/Ekblad or even maybe Bennett.

Good start to a rebuild /retool whatever.

Maybe a good offer to Florida would be Tanev and our 6th overall pick for their 1st?

I like this deal...unfortunately Florida would not. They aren't going to move the first over all for the 6th pick in a draft that is 3-4 deep in blue chip prospects and a decent 2nd pairing D-man.

If we trade for the 1st, it looks like it's leaning towards Ekblad, that said, only our scouting staff know who is the top of the list, I personally don't like the idea of drafting a dman with the 1st overall pick. It's never worked out in that manner, sure Hamrlik had a long career, Jovanovski also had a very good career, but to be honest... its very risky, I personally think Reinhart will be a better player, hard to explain how I feel about this, recent track records of dmans going number 1 is very bad,

If we trade for the 1st, it looks like it's leaning towards Ekblad, that said, only our scouting staff know who is the top of the list, I personally don't like the idea of drafting a dman with the 1st overall pick. It's never worked out in that manner, sure Hamrlik had a long career, Jovanovski also had a very good career, but to be honest... its very risky, I personally think Reinhart will be a better player, hard to explain how I feel about this, recent track records of dmans going number 1 is very bad,

You don't have to look farther than the Canucks selecting Brian Allen 4th overall..

Hey Moron now we've heard your big mouth ... now how about you explain your thinking?

And Ekblad is not going to be available... Florida is not that stupid.

ok now you explain your thinking... says floriday is actively shopping its number 1 pick.. not a question of Florida being stupid...

Not worth it for this draft. Next year is the draft up season and you probably should do quite a bit for it.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to trade up or not, but I do not understand why people are saying that we should trade up next year. The reason why we even had the chance to talk about getting the first overal pick is because this year's draft isn't that good. Do you think the team holding the first overall pick next year would even consider giving up on the chance of getting McDavid?

The only way I think Nucks should trade up is if they're taking a forward (not Ekblad). And..... if the price is reasonable. Canucks can't afford to trade a quality roster player and get back a prospect who likely won't make the roster next yr (been there done that i.e Schneider trade). They're not rebuilding.

I'd only make the trade w/ Fla if Garrison, possibly Edler, was the package. If not, stay at 6 - there will be quality players available.

Do you guys think that instead of trading up for Reinhart, Reinhart could fall to the 6th pick?

1. Fla: Ekblad

2. Buf: Bennet

3. Edm: Draisaitl

4. Cgy: Ritchie

5. Nyi: Dal Colle

6. Van: Reinhart

What do you guys think? Is it likely?

Not at all.

Archived