The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Iain MacIntyre] Ron Hextall in Mix for GM

Brendan Gaunce

Why haven't you been made a moderator yet?

Who says I'd want to be? (Or that you'd want me to be...I'd be way to hard on some people here!)

Why cant Hextall have his own thread huh?

Nothing wrong with Hextall as one option for the GM, but why not keep all the discussion in one spot when this is just one tweet on him where the second tweet actually puts Benning still on the top?

I, for one, would not have seen this without a new thread. Just saying. :P

Fair enough, but if you're following along in the Benning thread you'd see it. Of course you could have seen it if you were on Twitter as well, but hey.

Not everyone scrolls down in the thread and it's from a pretty notable source. What's the harm in a new thread lol

And what's the harm in a thread to talk about the bully of Amanda Todd getting arrested?

Who says I'd want to be? (Or that you'd want me to be...I'd be way to hard on some people here!)

Nothing wrong with Hextall as one option for the GM, but why not keep all the discussion in one spot when this is just one tweet on him where the second tweet actually puts Benning still on the top?

Fair enough, but if you're following along in the Benning thread you'd see it. Of course you could have seen it if you were on Twitter as well, but hey.

And what's the harm in a thread to talk about the bully of Amanda Todd getting arrested?

But was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Hextall has a solid resume

Upon his retirement from playing in 1999, Hextall immediately joined the Philadelphia Flyers' set-up as a Professional Scout. He was promoted to Director of Professional Player Personnel three years later, and was considered by the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame to be a key factor in the success experienced by the Flyers during the early 2000s, when they won the Atlantic Division three times, and reached the Eastern Conference Finals on two occasions.[98] In June 2006, Hextall moved to the Los Angeles Kings to take on the role of Vice President and Assistant General Manager. In addition, Hextall served as the General Manager of the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL, the Kings' primary affiliate.[98] On June 11, 2012, Hextall won the Stanley Cup that eluded him in 1987 and 1997, this time as the Assistant General Manager of the Los Angeles Kings. On July 15, 2013, Hextall returned to the Flyers, being named Assistant General Manager and Director of Hockey Operations.

what are you the thread police?

I find it frustrating to have to follow umpteen different threads on essentially the same topic. Would be nice to have certain topics such as GM rumours or news centralized.

I'm sure elvis is not on some power trip (I'd like to think), but simply trying to help cut the clutter on these boards to make them enjoyable for everyone.

I wish we could have 1 GM and 1 Draft tread pinned. Like the news but would like to have to just go to 1 thread not 10.

Agreed.

I doubt very much that Hextall leaves Philly .. he is the natural successor to Holmgren.

true, but he can't wait around to see if Holmgren quits/gets fired. I bet he'd take a job with VAN if it was there.

Wonder if Hextall would go with Torts? He is definitely the type of a guy who knows how to build a team to compliment Torts style of play.

I find it frustrating to have to follow umpteen different threads on essentially the same topic. Would be nice to have certain topics such as GM rumours or news centralized.

I'm sure elvis is not on some power trip (I'd like to think), but simply trying to help cut the clutter on these boards to make them enjoyable for everyone.

Agreed.

That's great for those that read threads alot but for those of us that just drop in it's easier to find a new thread with updated news to catch our eye instead of reading through a ton of opinions

And no, I don't rely on this place for my information but it does trigger me to chase information down sometimes when something come up. I would not find that buried on page 20 of a 50 page thread.

Archived