The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you or could you become the executioner of your loved one's condemned killer?

nuckin_futz

Borderline newsworthy story but it does pose an interesting question. The parents in question were to kick out the chair from under the hanging man. Sending him to his death.

Question: Would you or could you become the executioner of your loved one's condemned killer? Feel free to explain your answer.

Iranian Man Spared Execution at Last Second By Victim's Mother

NC_noose_ml_140417_16x9_992.jpg

The mother, right, of Abdolah Hosseinzadeh, who was murdered in 2007, removes the noose with the help of her husband from around the neck of Balal, who killed her son, during the execution ceremony in Nowshahr, April 15, 2014, sparing the life of her son's convicted murderer.

A man’s life was spared at the last second in Iran after the mother of a man he murdered halted his public execution.

Balal, with a noose tight around his neck, was awaiting death by hanging for the 2007 murder of 18-year-old Abdollah Hosseinzadeh when the victim’s mother had a change of heart, according to The Guardian.

The woman reportedly slapped the blind-folded Balal in the face before her husband helped her remove the noose, in front of a shocked crowd in Nowshahr, Iran on Tuesday.

"I am a believer,” said the victim’s mother, Samereh Alinejad, according to Agence France-Presse. “I had a dream in which my son told me that he was at peace and in a good place … After that, all my relatives, even my mother, put pressure on me to pardon the killer."

NC_noose1_ml_140417_4x3_992.jpg

Balal, who killed Abdolah Hosseinzadeh in a street fight with a knife in 2007, reacts as he stands in the gallows during his execution ceremony in Nowshahr, Iran, April 15, 2014. Samereh Alinejad, the mother of Abdolah Hosseinzadeh spared the life of Balal, her son's convicted murderer, with an emotional slap in the face as he awaited execution prior to removing the noose around his neck.

Balal is accused of stabbing her son to death in a street fight.

Dramatic photos taken by Arash Khamooshi of the Isna news agency show the woman approaching Balal and later crying with his mother.

Alinejad and her husband were originally supposed to kick out the chair on which Balal stood, The Guardian reported.

There were at least 369 executions in Iran last year and possibly hundreds more that weren’t reported, according to Amnesty International’s 2013 report on death sentences and executions.

That’s an 18 percent increase from 2012, according to the group.

Iran has the highest number of executions of any country in the world, excluding China, which won’t release that data, according to Amnesty International.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/iranian-man-spared-execution-victims-mother/story?id=23363985

All applause to her for having more internal fortitude than I would.

doesn't take much though, does it

the vancouver police department should commit a few hours to the browser history of any missing person's report, searching for any sign of crossing your path in a trade proposal

I don't like killing in general. But there are some really messed up people that if they committed crimes against humanity, and there was no way they could be rehabilitated then death is getting off easy.

(Those freaks that say they killed people and enjoyed doing it, and would gladly do it again)

Those types of criminals hopefully are very rare.

Maybe thats why I like the movie Breaker Morant. It deals with that issue in wartime.

Fact: Ice was the name of Ned's weapon and the very weapon used to take his traitor head off.

Fact: Joffrey is dead.

Additional Fact: If I say anything that could be remotely considered as spoiler I'll be banned so I can't argue with you any more.

Yes me too, if the perp deserves to die in my mind.

yeah i didn't mean if he killed him in an accident or something.

but yeah obviously circumstances would dictate the end result but if someone straight up murders my kid yeah i am all in.

so i agree 100% if in my mind they deserve it i would do it without a second thought.

Fact: Joffrey is dead.

Additional Fact: If I say anything that could be remotely considered as spoiler I'll be banned so I can't argue with you any more.

You: Tyrion

SN-Admin: The Guards

CDC: Cersei

Whenever you drop anything remotely close to a spoiler

got_death_4.gif

Yes me too, if the perp deserves to die in my mind.

yeah i didn't mean if he killed him in an accident or something.

but yeah obviously circumstances would dictate the end result but if someone straight up murders my kid yeah i am all in.

so i agree 100% if in my mind they deserve it i would do it without a second thought.

If your Child as an adult murdered some one would you be OK with the loved ones of the person he/she killed killing him/her ?

Archived