The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great Drafting Evaluator from TSN

J.I.A.H.N

I just put this on my proposal in Arm Chair GM, but thought it was good enough to post here as well. For those that have not seen this, it is a good read and explains alot.

Notice the Values of #4, 5, and 6 overall................not much difference.....just more choice

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/scott_cullen/?id=398986

Is this worth pinning? Give it a plus one if you think it has value!

Thanks for sharing - this helps better set expecations. Pretty crazy that both the 27th and 30th picks only yield a 5.6% chance of a top 6 forward or better and Staois, Slater, and Steckel, three bottom line/pairing players are the best selections.

Even looking at a guy like Schroeder who seems like a bit of a bust bust already rates around average for his draft position and is still 23. There is only a 16.7% chance of that pick becoming a top 6 forward .

What`s with the dip for the 10th pick? It's percentage of a 7 or higher is as bad as the 30th pick.

That guy doesn't think Sedins are generational players LOL

They only had about 2 seasons at the top of the league. Besides that they're point a game players or worse. I'd say NHL elite is a fair ranking.

Sedins are not generational players.. Only homer fans would believe so.

To be one, you would have to dominate the league from your first season to your last. Sedins were never great until 6 or 7 years in the league when they crafted their skills and stuck with what works for them.

Not sure crosby is a generational player Talk to me in 15 yrs Crosby is injury prone and his top season he got 120 points and 50 goals

Gretzky top yr he has 215 points and 92 goals thats generational

(Orr, lemeiux, jagr) are pretty close if crosby can score 1000 more points and win 2-3 more cups hell be on level of jagr if hes lucky i seriously doubt he will

Not sure crosby is a generational player Talk to me in 15 yrs Crosby is injury prone and his top season he got 120 points and 50 goals

(Orr, lemeiux, jagr) are pretty close if crosby can score 1000 more points and win 2-3 more cups hell be on level of jagr if hes lucky i seriously doubt he will

The definition of a generational talent is a player who is the amongst the very best in his generation. Ithas nothing to do with how well you compare to Gretzky and Mario. Name some players in the past 10 years that have been better than Sidney Crosby. If you can't name a handful of players easily, he's a generational talent.

Jagr isn't even a clear cut generational player.. He, in my opinion at least, is on par with Selanne; they are both on the fringe between generational and elite. For perspective, I would put Sedins in the category behind those two at this point in their careers.

Generational (Crosby, Orr, Gretszky, Mario, etc) --> Fringe/Strong HOFs (Sakic, Jagr, Selanne, likely Toews) --> Elite (Sedins, Forsberg)

Sedins still have some hockey to play.. If they continue to play like they did from games 75-82 of this year, for the rest of their careers they can make it to the Hall.

LOL did u watch hockey in the 80s and early 90s?????

Kids these days

Ohhh dear...

Archived