The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Practice

DrChill

Reading articles about why the Comets should stay in Utica instead of moving to Abbotsford. A number of them mention the ability to get in more practices because of less travel. This got me thinking about the canucks and how often they practice. I could be wrong but I feel like under AV they practiced a lot more than torts and seemed to be better prepared for the games. I remember Kesler making a snide remark about needing to practice more during the loosing streak. Is this true?? Thnks

I noticed that unlike the 6 times or so that I attended when AV coached, Torts was not practicing with them here in Dallas. Sully and Gully were leading practice and it just had a different feel than when AV led them.

I noticed that too.

Reading articles about why the Comets should stay in Utica instead of moving to Abbotsford. A number of them mention the ability to get in more practices because of less travel. This got me thinking about the canucks and how often they practice. I could be wrong but I feel like under AV they practiced a lot more than torts and seemed to be better prepared for the games. I remember Kesler making a snide remark about needing to practice more during the loosing streak. Is this true?? Thnks

How many times did we hear Torts say that he did not care about the team they were facing that night. 'I am focused on our team and what we have to do tonight'. I might not have understood what he was trying to convey but any coach I ever knew always had scouting on his opposition.

The more I reflect on the season the less interested I am in Torts returning. Overplayed his top players, really did not have a 4th line with a clear role and his verbal and body language behind the bench was not good.

Actually I believe it has more to do with the new collective bargaining agreement than Torts himself.

There is some new rule where players have to have at least X amount of days off a month where they can't even travel or practice or anything. So it really cut down on the opportunities the team even had the option of practicing.

Archived