The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

12 minutes ago, LuckyLuciano said:

That was just more of my opinion, but on boxingnews24 they had mentioned Canelo is pushing for 155lb catch weight rather than 160lbs

I don't really see that as dodging then. Just trying to make the size a bit more even.

Canelo is one of the few guys that seems to not GAF about who he fights and takes on all that they put in front of him. 

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I don't really see that as dodging then. Just trying to make the size a bit more even.

Canelo is one of the few guys that seems to not GAF about who he fights and takes on all that they put in front of him. 

This was the article I was reading:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/12/is-canelo-ducking-golovkin/

More so just questioning if he is ducking GGG. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone see the Wilder fight on the weekend?  I think he has to start using his speed more, especially with the jab.  He did it a bit mid rounds and if he fights Fury he won't be able to handle it.  

Also, Stewart McKenzie is a boxing fan as well, and enjoys watching F Mayweather.  Pretty cool to hear

11 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Anyone see the Wilder fight on the weekend?  I think he has to start using his speed more, especially with the jab.  He did it a bit mid rounds and if he fights Fury he won't be able to handle it.  

Also, Stewart McKenzie is a boxing fan as well, and enjoys watching F Mayweather.  Pretty cool to hear

Yeah was really hoping Szpilka would be the one to hand him that first loss. He was eating huge bombs quite a few times and just laughing them off. That KO shot was just perfectly placed. 

Would be really stoked to see Wilder vs Fury, finally someone who has the same height and reach. Fury is listed at 6'9 but he was literally eye to eye with Klitschko so I say he is more like 6'6-6'7. 

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Yeah was really hoping Szpilka would be the one to hand him that first loss. He was eating huge bombs quite a few times and just laughing them off. That KO shot was just perfectly placed. 

Would be really stoked to see Wilder vs Fury, finally someone who has the same height and reach. Fury is listed at 6'9 but he was literally eye to eye with Klitschko so I say he is more like 6'6-6'7. 

The more I hear Wilder, the more I'm impressed by him as a person.  He isn't nearly as cocky as he seems, and seems like a pretty smart pro.  I wouldn't mind seeing him defend the title for awhile, and knock Fury on his arse who really is a clown, but entertaining nonetheless.  

I think the height and speed (if he uses it) will be a tough adjustment for Fury who is so used to guys being shorter than him.  It will be more of a balanced boxing match, and I with Wilder's amateur experience I think he will be too skilled for Fury.  

2 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Didn't catch the Wilder fight, might have to find a link. 

Danny Garcia vs Robert Gurerro will be on NBC Saturday night though if you guys interested.

Yeah, showtime released the full fight right after it was done, but it looks like they took it down?  I think I saw another full fight vid on youtube tho.

Garcia/Gurerro looks like it could be a good, old school battle.  

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

6 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Didn't catch the Wilder fight, might have to find a link. 

Danny Garcia vs Robert Gurerro will be on NBC Saturday night though if you guys interested.

Thanks for the heads up!

Willing to bet Garcia thoroughly dominates. 

4 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

The more I hear Wilder, the more I'm impressed by him as a person.  He isn't nearly as cocky as he seems, and seems like a pretty smart pro.  I wouldn't mind seeing him defend the title for awhile, and knock Fury on his arse who really is a clown, but entertaining nonetheless.  

I think the height and speed (if he uses it) will be a tough adjustment for Fury who is so used to guys being shorter than him.  It will be more of a balanced boxing match, and I with Wilder's amateur experience I think he will be too skilled for Fury.  

Yeah, showtime released the full fight right after it was done, but it looks like they took it down?  I think I saw another full fight vid on youtube tho.

Garcia/Gurerro looks like it could be a good, old school battle.  

It will be great chance to see to top guys without any height or reach disadvantage. 

After seeing the recent stupid comments by Fury, would welcome a win by Wilder. He is a pretty humble dude outside of the ring. 

20 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

It will be great chance to see to top guys without any height or reach disadvantage. 

After seeing the recent stupid comments by Fury, would welcome a win by Wilder. He is a pretty humble dude outside of the ring. 

Yeah, I was kind of surprised because he seemed pretty into being flamboyant early on.  He seems "all business" as a champ. His response to Szpilka getting uppity was pretty smart- that guy was felling the pressure to win and he respects that.   

I think the height balance is going to worse for Fury than Wilder.  But then again Wilder seems to like to fight with both hands pretty low, and isn't exactly the smoothest dude with his footwork so we'll see.  I guess we gotta wait and see if the fight even happens tho.

On 1/24/2016 at 3:29 PM, LuckyLuciano said:

My PVR only recorded the first 6 rounds of Garcia v Guerrero. 

Gurerro was winning the fight at that point. Anyone catch the full fight to see how Garcia managed to win?

I only saw the highlights but looks like it was a good battle.  

39 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Canelo vs Khan is official. RIP Khan.

In all honesty I'll give Khan a slim chance. As long as he stays away from Canelo and goes in and out he'll be fine but I got Canelo winning easy. Khans chin is not gonna hold up.

Wow this is happening?? Khan will be pummelled into retirement. Other than speed, khan has nothing. 

wow that makes for a good watch.  Only thing that keep Khan in it is foot and handspeed, because if he let's Canelo walk him down he's gonna be in big trouble.  

Also, sounds like Thurman/Porter in the spring.  

Been watching some of the other guys out of Mayweather's gym.  Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis are really good up and coming fighters

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2016 at 10:45 AM, LuckyLuciano said:

Wow this is happening?? Khan will be pummelled into retirement. Other than speed, khan has nothing. 

I think that's a bit of exaggeration. Khan is no slouch and I doubt he retires at 29.