The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

i always enjoyed boxing, surprised that some dip crap hasn't commented that UFC is better yet.

I can see why some MMA heads don't like it because it lacks that gladiator factor that UFC has, although MMA like boxing has tons of precision and technique too

Edited by Kola Nuts

Maidana or Mayweather? What's your prediction?

It will probably take a lucky shot from Maidana to win and that is easier said than done to Floyd. Maidana can punch and he can take punches but I think Floyd just makes him miss and counter-punches all night long..

Anything else would really be an absolute shock.

I love watching boxing way more than MMA but I do agree the sport is hanging on by a thread. Boxing will return to prominence in North America when the heavyweight champ is an American. For whatever reason, the heavyweight division drives the popularity of the sport. No one on this side of the atlantic ocean cares when the heavyweight champ is Russian with zero charisma. As for Hopkins, I have never been a fan of the trying not to lose style that he employs. It's not fan friendly. I can appreciate him for what he is as he is really good at his craft but he's frustrating to watch (and more frustrating to box against I bet!).

Khan, Broner and Mayweather all win tonight. Been looking forward too this event for some time. One of the best cards boxing has produced in a long time. Big jump in competition for Marcos Maidana, I love watching him fight, but Mayweather will make it look easy. Nobody does the shoulder roll better than Floyd

Khan, Broner and Mayweather all win tonight. Been looking forward too this event for some time. One of the best cards boxing has produced in a long time. Big jump in competition for Marcos Maidana, I love watching him fight, but Mayweather will make it look easy. Nobody does the shoulder roll better than Floyd

Do you know which fight will be first to begin the night?

Broner vs Molina or J'Leon vs Periban?

The are various different orders of schedule on line.

Do you know which fight will be first to begin the night?

Broner vs Molina or J'Leon vs Periban?

The are various different orders of schedule on line.

Periban fight is before the Broner fight. My guess is Broner fight should start 7:45-8ish MT Edited by LuckyLuciano

Maidana got frigging ROBBED!!! ... I just knew they were gonna give the fight to Mayweather if it went to decisions...

I was shocked to see Floyd get hit so much by a flat footed no head movement hard punching Maidana...

This fight definitely deserves a rematch even though to me Maidana clearly won.

I wasn't impressed with Floyd in this fight, he looked slow and easy to hit... by a guy that's doesn't have fast hands.

Now I know why Mayweather doesn't want any part of Pacman.

They should re-match but to me Maidana won this fight... he looked like he just stepped out of the shower after the damn fight lol.

If Maidana got his punchers glove instead of that pillow glove that Mayweather chose, he could've dropped Mayweather with some of those body punches he threw tonight.

I don't think Mayweather will give him the rematch even though he said he would. He'd probably pick Khan next lol no punching power and just outbox him to look good again. Tonight was the first time his 0 was in jeopardy lol I don't think he'll risk it again.

Floyd won. Any boxing fan from a neutral point would tell you he did. I'm a Floyd fan but not a homer. I know there's been controversy before and stuff but this match was called correctly.

Maidana won rounds: 1, 2, 4, 5, 11

Floyd won rounds: 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

If anything, should've been a draw but no way Maidana won. Either Floyd or a draw and in this case they got it right. But then again I always say never leave it to the judges to decide just to be safe and still don't get why they have 12 rounds. Like they want draws. Make it an odd number like 13; that way there's always a winner and loser.

Wow very surprised by this.

Floyd did not look like himself.

I personally called it a draw. Maidana clearly looked like he was dominating but you have to look at the numbers. Percentage wise Floyd owned him.

Maidana threw a lot but not much of it landed. Regardless, I think we can all say it was a lot closer than anyone expected.