The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

11 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Khan is gonna be sleeping on the canvas tonight.

Canelo by KO.

One of the easiest predictions ever and I'm horrible at predicting.

Gotta give props to Khan though, he fought a much bigger man and showed he had balls. I had him winning until he got knocked out. 

You can switch trainers all you'd like, learn how to avoid punches but your chin will always be the same.

As for Canelo, take the GGG fight and stop fighting smaller guys. You're a middleweight fighting welterweights, fight guys in your own weight class. 

1 hour ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

He went to sleep with his eyes open.

The replay showed a good angle and that was a nasty right hand flush on the side of the chin.  I don't care who you are, a shot like that is going to either KO you flat out or break your jaw.  He blacked out instantly.  Kinda reminds me why I sometimes hated boxing lol.

41 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

The replay showed a good angle and that was a nasty right hand flush on the side of the chin.  I don't care who you are, a shot like that is going to either KO you flat out or break your jaw.  He blacked out instantly.  Kinda reminds me why I sometimes hated boxing lol.

The way his head hit the canvas :sadno:

Canelo needs to stop ducking GGG and fight someone at his own weight. I know Canelo's team is fixated on the numbers and GGG isn't as big of a star as Canelo but like Gennady has been saying, is Canelo a businessman or a fighter? Also if this gets drawn out too long it will end up like Mayweather and Pac, a disappointing fight which was 5 years too late. I have huge respect for Khan moving up and fighting a way bigger and and stronger fighter in Canelo. I think Khan will go back down to his natural weight at 147 and have a lot of success. 

2 minutes ago, Malkin Cookies said:

Canelo needs to stop ducking GGG and fight someone at his own weight. I know Canelo's team is fixated on the numbers and GGG isn't as big of a star as Canelo but like Gennady has been saying, is Canelo a businessman or a fighter? Also if this gets drawn out too long it will end up like Mayweather and Pac, a disappointing fight which was 5 years too late. I have huge respect for Khan moving up and fighting a way bigger and and stronger fighter in Canelo. I think Khan will go back down to his natural weight at 147 and have a lot of success. 

There's quite a few great match ups being lined up....Canelo/GGG, GGG/Ward, Wilder/Fury, Thurman/Porter, etc.  Hopefully we see people take a risk and go for it.  Look at what Amir did!  I don't think that loss is going to have a negative impact on him- he stepped up big time.  Too bad he took such a perfect, heavy shot because he was outboxing Canelo

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk about Canelo going after GGG for a super fight. 

He needs to fighter Lara again first in my eyes. I've watched that fight numerous times and Lara was the CLEAR winner, it was a BS decision. 

On 5/22/2016 at 10:30 AM, LuckyLuciano said:

Devin Haney with a KO and youngest kid to fight in Vegas as pro. 6-0

I watched a couple of his recent fights and TBH I was expecting more from him.  For a guy that is supposed to be one of the quickest fighters, at least from what I've seen in sparring I thought he would overwhelm his opponents more.  As an amateur it definitely suited him but I think the pro game with bigger, stronger and more durable opponents he is going to have his work cut out for him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 11:51 AM, SILLY GOOSE said:

Porter/Thurman coming up soon, any predictions?  

Personally, I'm hoping for a Thurman KO

Expecting Thurman to win, but can't underestimate Porter at all. 

Side note, loving the avatar. Looking for an E39 myself right now. 

11 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Expecting Thurman to win, but can't underestimate Porter at all. 

Side note, loving the avatar. Looking for an E39 myself right now. 

Nice.  E39's are such nice looking cars.  

I have a feeling Porter is going to keep the distance close like he did with Broner.