The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

8 hours ago, HI5 said:

Apparently he got whooped by Chris Van Heerden in a sparring session. 

In my opinion he just takes the L vs Floyd and cashes out. Too many good fighters in and around his weight class. 

Errol Spence Jr

Keith  Thurman

Danny Garcia

Shawn Porter

Amir Khan

Kell Brook

Manny Pacquaio

Miguel Cotto

Terrence Crawford (this guy will fight you south paw or orthodox) 

All roughly within McGregors weightclass and all guys who in my opinon will kill him in boxing.

MMA is another story though. 

he's going to get a boxing lesson from floyd,no way he stands a chance with marques of queensbury rules..mma rules,yeah,he'd win.i'm not saying he'd beat any of those guys but i wouldn't be surprised if he tried someone else for $100,000,000.unless he takes a whooping,which is probable.

• 2 weeks later...

Kovalev vs Ward tomorrow! Lot of drama leading up to this one and Kovalev was pissed at yesterdays press conference. Rumours of Wards camp trying to Poach Kovalevs head trainer with lucrative job offers to defect. 

6bIC1fx.gif

@HI5 thoughts on the fights?  Both wins controversial.  Kovalev's coach was pretty damn salty in the post fight conference lol. Guess they'll need a third fight now....

I had Rigondeaux winning his fight evetually anyways.  Would have liked to seen a longer fight though.

20 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

@HI5 thoughts on the fights?  Both wins controversial.  Kovalev's coach was pretty damn salty in the post fight conference lol. Guess they'll need a third fight now....

I had Rigondeaux winning his fight evetually anyways.  Would have liked to seen a longer fight though.

My stream cut out on me a bit during the Rigondeaux fight and literally just caught the knockout. Definitely was after the bell but yeah I think he was likely going to win.

Lol, man I felt bad for Kovalev but he needs a new opponent next fight. Wards camp really got into his head this fight and you can see he gassed himself out early again trying to stay up on the score cards. It was a really close fight, I had Kovalev up by 1 or 2 rounds before the strange stoppage. Kovalev took a few hard shots no doubt but man, he just stopped fighting. I don't know if he got lost in translation with the ref or what there, could have even taken a 10 count and be ready to fight again. I think Ward would have won this one regardless though, he's definitely the more skilled of the two. 

Pacquiao vs Horn July 2nd I think.

Lol, no one knows who Jeff Horn is though. Stephen A. Smith kept messing up and calling him John Horn in his interview with Bob Arum. Not sure if he was trolling though. 

Would have like to see Khan vs Pacquiao instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

Utter xit is all I say.

Now I freakin know why they chose that dirty Hoern, so they could give him the win and make him generate a lot of money in his next fights. 

Utter xit, Hoe'rns has a face stunged beyond unrecognizable, and somehow he wins Wadapak!!

6 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

Utter xit is all I say.

Now I freakin know why they chose that dirty Hoern, so they could give him the win and make him generate a lot of money in his next fights. 

Utter xit, Hoe'rns has a face stunged beyond unrecognizable, and somehow he wins Wadapak!!

you also caught those dirty rabbit punches when the refs were seperating them too huh? 

Just now, BlackBeard said:

Geez man the ref let's Hoe'rn get some rabbit punches in before stepping in

that was the most sloppiest and dirtiest fight ive seen in a long time lol 

btw twitter is great entertainment right now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 11:54 PM, Beary Sweet said:

Yeah  didn't make sense to me. Caught last few rounds of the fight and Pacman had control of the fight but Horn was more aggressive which led to him ultimately winning.  Wanted Pacman to win but oh well wasn't meant to be. Always a next time

Pacman just got screwed..such a shame. TopRank is garbage..twice Arum has let a legend get robbed. 

Horn is going to get whooped by Thurman or Spence easy and we'll never hear about him again. 

8 hours ago, HI5 said:

Pacman just got screwed..such a shame. TopRank is garbage..twice Arum has let a legend get robbed. 

Horn is going to get whooped by Thurman or Spence easy and we'll never hear about him again. 

F Bob Arum that shister.

Triple G fight or Mayweather fight what will be the bigger draw in the boxing world?

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Don't know why I never noticed this thread. Looking forward to Loma fighting in a week from today.

Lomo's sick..he'll prob walk this guy down. Would be good to see him and Rigondeaux go..apparently they both want it too. 

Boxing is great right now with all these incredibly talented fighters trying to take the fame Floyd and Pacquiao once had. 

11 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Lomo's sick..he'll prob walk this guy down. Would be good to see him and Rigondeaux go..apparently they both want it too. 

Boxing is great right now with all these incredibly talented fighters trying to take the fame Floyd and Pacquiao once had. 

The level of exposure on Youtube of these up-and-coming fighters will really help turn boxing around.