The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

• 2 weeks later...

GEORGE FOREMAN: I respect that you want to protect your niece. You know, I didn't want my daughter to become a boxer. Neither did Mohammad. But Joe Frazier, on the other hand, he had his baby girl boxing in the crib.

GEORGE FOREMAN: How about carrying my grill in your shop?
HANK: Oh, sorry, but we have a strict policy about that. No novelty grills.
GEORGE FOREMAN: NOVELTY GRILLS?
HANK: Yeah. No offence, but your grill is kinda like an iron.
GEORGE FOREMAN: You're callin' my grill an iron? I've been hit below the belt before, but nothing like this!
HANK: I think it's a great product for dieters, or little girls who want to play barbecue, but you can't compare it to a propane-powered grill.
GEORGE FOREMAN: FIGHT'S ON!
HANK: What? No!
GEORGE FOREMAN: I said, fight's on! What's the matter, smellin' all that propane cause you brain damage? That's what it does, you know!
HANK: No! That is not accurate! Those studies were all done on sick monkeys! And at least my grill isn't sold in housewares!

^

Sorry that's the first thing that comes to mind whenever George Foreman is brought up, and I don't need much else to post a KOTH clip.::D  Anyways my money would be on the Seagull.

Only a couple of months or so left in the calendar but I think I am going to give Joshua/Klitscko fight of the year.  GGG/Canelo was a close 2nd but we're talking a heavyweight bout in which both fighters got knocked down so at one point the thought was it could go either way.  I never really got that sense from GGG/Canelo, plus it ended with controversy whereas J vs. K did not.  Still a great year for boxing, hopefully it continues to climb back up, #$%^ MMA and sweaty dudes rolling around on the mat:ph34r: 

Edited by Tre Mac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this on msn

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/more-sports/floyd-mayweather-reportedly-considering-one-more-fight/ar-BBFOxs9?li=AA54y7&ocid=spartandhp

TMZ reports that Mayweather has been telling people in his inner circle he is considering fighting for a 51st time. Ending his career with a 50-0 record after beating Conor McGregor seemed like exactly what Floyd wanted, but he has apparently been training hard and is still in fighting shape.

Money to be made.

On 27/11/2017 at 6:32 PM, HI5 said:

Yep, still money on the table. McGregor set the table saying he'd beat him in a rematch but we know it won't happen still in a boxing ring. 

No chance Floyd comes back to fight areal boxer. 

Depends on the money. I could see floyd taking on a real boxer that is past his expiry date like de la hoya. If money was serious about fighting a real fighter thats still in his prime then a guy like terence crawford would make good fight for him.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:17 PM, Isam said:

Depends on the money. I could see floyd taking on a real boxer that is past his expiry date like de la hoya. If money was serious about fighting a real fighter thats still in his prime then a guy like terence crawford would make good fight for him.

Floyd want a rematch with McGregor for another quick 100mill. 

Spence wants Thurman and Crawford wants Spence. This div gon be wild!

Rigo vs Lomachenko tom!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

Floyd want a rematch with McGregor for another quick 100mill. 

Spence wants Thurman and Crawford wants Spence. This div gon be wild!

Rigo vs Lomachenko tom!

Not sold on spence. Think he gets torched by Crawford. Connor might be tied up with gsp since gsp dropped the title and rigo vs lomachenko could be fight of the year.