The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

2 hours ago, Isam said:

Not sold on spence. Think he gets torched by Crawford. Connor might be tied up with gsp since gsp dropped the title and rigo vs lomachenko could be fight of the year.

Ya I agree, I like Spence but Crawfords going to run that division. Hopefully they fight soon so your avg fan can afford it.

I read rumours Pacquaio tryin to get a payday from Connor now too. Rather see GSP vs Connor though personally. 

This will be Lomachenko's biggest test yet..should be good!

4 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Ya I agree, I like Spence but Crawfords going to run that division. Hopefully they fight soon so your avg fan can afford it.

I read rumours Pacquaio tryin to get a payday from Connor now too. Rather see GSP vs Connor though personally. 

This will be Lomachenko's biggest test yet..should be good!

I think the only way Rigo wins is if Loma starts getting cocky and doing the stupid showboating the he was doing during his last fight. Rigo still has power in those old hands and Loma might not be used to seeing the left of a southpaw (at least not in a professional fight) and if he's being silly could get caught. Unless this happens, I think Rigo is too transparent. 

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I think the only way Rigo wins is if Loma starts getting cocky and doing the stupid showboating the he was doing during his last fight. Rigo still has power in those old hands and Loma might not be used to seeing the left of a southpaw (at least not in a professional fight) and if he's being silly could get caught. Unless this happens, I think Rigo is too transparent. 

I think Loma should be able to handle the southpaw jinx and force rigo to engage. Loma should get the ko in later rounds.

5 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I saw that Lomanchenko stopped Rigo.  Havnt watched it yet- kind of putting it off.  I didnt really like this match up to begin with.  Saddens me as Rigo is one of my fav. all time boxers.

Id like to see Loma go up to lightweight and fight Easter Jr.

Rigo quit like Walters did vs Lomachenko. Wasn’t much of a fight.

Shakur Stevenson and Mick Conlan were on undercards and continue to climb the ranks.

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

Rigo quit like Walters did vs Lomachenko. Wasn’t much of a fight.

Shakur Stevenson and Mick Conlan were on undercards and continue to climb the ranks.

Indeed. Like Walters, Loma broke Rigo mentally before he had a chance to break him physically (I'm not buying the hand injury). 

Time for Loma to put on a couple more pounds a move up to fight winner of the rumored Mikey Garcia/Easter Junior fight. He hasn't had to deal with adversity since the Salido fight. If he wants to be the greatest of all time (and he's certainly capable of this), he needs to take some fights outside his comfort zone. 

On 10/12/2017 at 6:22 AM, Down by the River said:

Indeed. Like Walters, Loma broke Rigo mentally before he had a chance to break him physically (I'm not buying the hand injury). 

Time for Loma to put on a couple more pounds a move up to fight winner of the rumored Mikey Garcia/Easter Junior fight. He hasn't had to deal with adversity since the Salido fight. If he wants to be the greatest of all time (and he's certainly capable of this), he needs to take some fights outside his comfort zone. 

Would also like to see him fight linaires

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...