The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

I really hope this sport loses a ton of fans after these 2 fights. Absolutely ridiculous and mind blowing decisions. It's beyond disgusting. I don't think any other sport has been marred this bad with blatant corruption.

I feel for GGG and the many others you have been robbed in title fights. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I really hope this sport loses a ton of fans after these 2 fights. Absolutely ridiculous and mind blowing decisions. It's beyond disgusting. I don't think any other sport has been marred this bad with blatant corruption.

I feel for GGG and the many others you have been robbed in title fights. 

Pure robbery! The only reason I picked Clenelo to win on my bet card, knew they wouldn’t give GGG the decision. 

• Upvote 1

Either fighter could have won.  The stats also bear that out.  GGG threw more, but missed a lot.  234 of 879.  Alvarez threw fewer times but had a higher connection average.  203 of 622.  Honestly, I think it should have been a draw.  GGG won the last round, but 2 judges had Alvarez on their cards.

DnMD-VUUwAIOpoX.jpg:large

• 1 month later...

Rumoured/Confirmed fights for Dec 1:

Fury vs Wilder 

Luis Ortiz vs Joe Joyce

Abner Mares vs Tank Davis

Leo Santa Cruz vs Garry Russell Jr.

Main event is confirmed. But none of the undercard is just yet, but if rumours are true..It’ll be a great undercard!

AC5DBB2D-EF46-445F-A5BD-DEB7EC8855A6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Fury Claims He Will Donate His Entire Fight Purse To The Poor

"I'm going to give it to the poor and I'm going to build homes for the homeless," said Fury, according to the Irish Mirror.

"I don't really have much use for it, I'm not interested in becoming a millionaire or a billionaire. I'm a boxer not a businessman and I'll probably go down the same route as every other boxer - skint at the end of it all.

"You can't take it with you so I might as well do something with it and help out people who can't help themselves."

Fury's beliefs regarding his personal wealth also come despite his wife Paris being pregnant, and with them already having four children.

"I believe all kids should make their own money in life because if they don't, they won't appreciate it," he added.

"It's easy to spend someone else's money and the money I've earned is practically blood money. My kids have to make their own living and make their own way in life; they won't be living off my name or reputation because that's too easy a route.

"You see many of these rich people's kids doing nothing because they had it too easy. I never had it easy, I had to work for whatever I got. I was working from very young, everything I wanted in life I had to work for."

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-claims-he-donate-his-entire-fight-purse-poor--134074

• Upvote 1

Watched a good youtube doc. on Tommy Morrison.  I only remember him as Tommy Gunn from Rocky(4 or 5? the worst one of the series).  Anyways being a kid in the 80's it was crazy to see how popular boxing was in particular the heavy weight division.  I remember my grandparents having a satellite on pender island and we all watched one of Tyson's fight live on PPV, it ended in 40sec. lol.  Anyways Tommy came from a long line of strong man boxers and they showed a clip of him owning a man in the ring when he was only 13 years old.    Also the punishment they took from Morrison in the ring, Foreman and Mercer in particular, I got a concussion just watching that.   Anyways, not relevant now but I thought that was interesting.

I do wonder what boxing would be like today if Don King never existed.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Watched a good youtube doc. on Tommy Morrison.  I only remember him as Tommy Gunn from Rocky(4 or 5? the worst one of the series).  Anyways being a kid in the 80's it was crazy to see how popular boxing was in particular the heavy weight division.  I remember my grandparents having a satellite on pender island and we all watched one of Tyson's fight live on PPV, it ended in 40sec. lol.  Anyways Tommy came from a long line of strong man boxers and they showed a clip of him owning a man in the ring when he was only 13 years old.    Also the punishment they took from Morrison in the ring, Foreman and Mercer in particular, I got a concussion just watching that.   Anyways, not relevant now but I thought that was interesting.

I do wonder what boxing would be like today if Don King never existed.

Don king woyld have been replaced by someone else similar.