Dalton Thrower

To Mtl
2014 2nd
Jordan Subban

Why Vancouver does this:
- Dalton is further along in his development
- Could be internal competition with Frank Corrado
- Move up in the draft 10-15 positions
- Homegrown prospect, has been compared to a current Vancouver D.

Why Montreal does this:
- Montreal has a plethora of defensive prospects ready to make the jump.
- Jordan is the brother of their all-star defense man PK.
- Trading for Jordan may help with the negotiations of PK's next contract
- Jordan is still projected to be a good defense man in the future.

My main focus on this trade is that \;\

1. He still has not been signed to a contract with Montreal, and \

2. Bieksa isn't getting any younger. He is my favourite player (obviously) and getting a homegrown player that has been compared to him in physicality and nastiness makes me squee a little bit.

In 3 years time we could be riding Tanev, Corrado, Thrower on the right side.

If Montreal wanted Jordan Subban they would have used one of the 5 picks they had before he was taken in that draft. No way he and a 2nd are worth Thrower (who was a second round pick and is a better prospect) and a first. There are just so many things wrong with this proposal

Habs arent giving up 2 first rounders for a fifth round pick and a 2nd

Try schroeder subban and a 2nd for thrower

While I appreciate your input I think your logic is a little flawed. I am basing this on statistics/potential shown since being drafted and not draft position solely.

Jordan has put up better offensive numbers at a younger age than Dalton and on a worse team, Jordan has a higher overall potential than Dalton, Dalton is just further along in his development, something that is beneficial to Vancouver as they have a more glaring need for ready defensive prospects than Montreal (Tinordi, Beaulieu are ready now.)

As far as a the picks go, the differential will be between 6 and 15 picks, in an average draft like this one it has been stated that after the top 16 or so this draft is very murky and may end up being a crap shoot.

Maybe my logic is flawed as well, but I think Montreal trading for Jordan would be the 1st step in showing PK their dedication to him as a franchise player, and could become very helpful down the line. I like to think back to the late 00's when Gillis managed to sign Daniel and Henrik to below market value. Family played an important role in this signing and I have no reason to believe this couldn't take place in Montreal as well.

This decision could be the difference of Weber/Suter money vs. Keith/Seabrook money. But that is just my opinion.

Subban is untouchable. Let's see how this guy has developed before we deal him a year after we drafted him...? Don't sell him out just because he is short...he IS a Subban. For all we know, we might see PK here. No one knows what the future holds.

Untouchable? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Subban is untouchable. Let's see how this guy has developed before we deal him a year after we drafted him...? Don't sell him out just because he is short...he IS a Subban. For all we know, we might see PK here. No one knows what the future holds.

lol Jordan is untouchable and PK might end up in Vancouver....wow

So I guess Malcolm must be on his way as well?

So, an unproven 4th round draft pick is considered untouchable?

Archived