The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which prospect is most likely to fall out of top 5?

Nessnuck27

I think the top 5 will remain Ek, Reinhart, Bennett, Draisatl, DC. I think Ritchie, Ehlers, Nylander should all be available when the Canucks pick. Out of my top 5 I think DC has the highest chance of dropping from the top 5. I really can't see the Flames and Oilers passing on the two centers and the top 2 will remain Ek/Reinhart. Which leaves the Isles and they will have a choice of wingers to select. .

Also OP Bennett falling out the top 5 is wishful thinking, he won't fall below 3.

Bennett would be pretty sweet to draft I just don't see a guy that at one point was thought of as a 1st overall falling in our lap.

I am not sure any of the top 5 fall to us, I know Calgary usually drafts off the board but I don't see them taking someone who isn't considered a top 5 with their pick

I personally would rather take Jake Virtanen over both of them. Dras is really slow and Virtanen imo is a more complete player then Dal Colle. I think Virtanen is more nhl ready then the both of them.

Jake Virtanen is big, speedy, has arguably the best shot in the draft and is great at driving to the net and being physical. Local kid to boot.

If Linden wants character Jake Virtanen has character.

Did I mention Virtanen is only 17.... imagine him in one year. Best player that will be avail without a doubt imo.

I personally would rather take Jake Virtanen over both of them. Dras is really slow and Virtanen imo is a more complete player then Dal Colle. I think Virtanen is more nhl ready then the both of them.

Jake Virtanen is big, speedy, has arguably the best shot in the draft and is great at driving to the net and being physical. Local kid to boot.

If Linden wants character Jake Virtanen has character.

Did I mention Virtanen is only 17.... imagine him in one year. Best player that will be avail without a doubt imo.

I kinda concur. The speed, scoring and toughness is an enticing combo. Not to mention the homer factor.

Don't forget that Draisatl had a poor performance at the World Juniors too. Would not surprise me at all if he fell

One thing to note is he jumped into the top 10 just in the last ranking. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped to top 10-15 given his recent lack luster performance. Organizations want players that can perform when it counts the most. He hasn't proven that he is capable of that. The name the German Gretzky isnt something we want influencing our decision but he is nothing like Gretzky. His lack of speed is his greatest weakness. He doesn't use his size the way he could and is extremely slow.

He doesn't use his size the way he could and is extremely slow.

Seen him play a few times as well in the Dub. He is by no means "extremely slow", but his top end speed is certainly his weakness. However his balance and agility are outstanding.

And he uses his size very well when protecting the puck, defenders have a terrible time trying to knock him off of it, and that couple with his hands make him lethal one on one, all despite his lack of top end foot speed.

Theres a reason some scouts have compared him to Joe Thornton or Jaromir Jagr, and that is because of his ability to use his size to protect the puck, his vision, and a similar skating style.

Archived