The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( Proposal ) Canucks New GM New HC New exciting ERA

First and foremost I would like to say i REALLY REALLY hope the canucks hire Jim Benning as our new GM. He is the master at drafting stars, look what he did for buffalo and boston, he drafted star players and good ones. I feel he would be the best fit for our team, even Mark Recchi suggested he is the best fit and should come to vancouver.

Now for our headcoach i feel we should fire John Torts his system dont fit our team period. Hire an offensive style of coach like Peter Laviollete or, whoever else, I would not even be opposed to hiring John Stevens from LA.

Trades/Moves

Trade Edler + hansen to Anahiem For Emerson Etem and Sami Vatanen maybe include a fourth rounder to sweeten the deal ?

Keep booth because towards the end of the season he was playing well and deserves one last final chance.

I would only trade kesler to Colorado or Detroit.

Col Trade - Kesler for ROR straight up , we get a young talented big centre who could be a franchise game changer for our team for years to come.

Det Trade - kesler and Hansen maybe for Mantha and Nyquist

Bring up bo horvat archibald , and keep jensen and corrado on the main roster

Send markstrom down to minors for a season to dominate and sign a backup vet to help mentor lack

Lineups -

1st = Daniel Henrik Jensen

2nd = Horvat Kesler or new center and Kassian

3rd = higgins matthias burrows

4th = archibald richardson mallet / lain

D 1 = Hamhuis and Tanev

D 2 = Garrison and Bieksa

D 3 = Stanton and Corrado

Goalies Lack/vet backup/mentor

Vatanen > Edler, in a couple of years but IMO, he's better now. Better +-, more ppg and he's younger

Etem > Hansen, Hansen has a more complete game but again, more ppg and he can still grow to be better

1st Kesler deal: ROR >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kesler in basically every category

2nd Kesler deal: You want BOTH Nyquist AND Mantha? Are you out of your darn mind? How much time did u spend downtown at 4/20? We couldn't even get ONE of them for Kesler...

Archived