The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's What Shinkaruk did on One Hip

BureisBest

Funny, I'm more excited for him than I am for Horvat.

Hopefully the injury hasn't given him a major setback; I always loved watching him tear it up in junior with such dynamic speed and a great shot. Translating it to the NHL level is yet to be seen, but I have a good feeling about this kid.

Can't wait for him to go back to training camp!

I still can't believe we got him at 24th.

I remember scouts and TSN having him in their top 10.

Small size was the knock on him. I believe he's 5'10, which by any means, is not "small". Some players play bigger than their size and some people don't even use their size. Size is overrated.

I hope Schroeder AND Shinkaruk have good years in their respective clubs. They both have skill but just needs to be translated into the NHL.

That was a good vid.

He has all the looks of Patrick Kane that's for sure. As for size, depending on the source, he's around 5'11" and 180 lbs, which is about where Kane is at. His speed and shiftiness should help him avoid some tough spots.

What does concern me a little bit is that in his last five seasons of hockey, he's missed two full seasons due to injury. Hopefully it's not a harbinger of things to come.

The kid has the skill and cockiness our team needs and I can't wait to see him at training camp.

I remember him being ranked #6 going into the draft. I bet his hip dropped him down and since he got that fixed, what a steal!

Not possible as he didn't hurt his hip until early October of this past season.

He dropped because of concerns about his size.

More offensive instinct and talent on one hip than most of our NHL lineup. Can't wait to see Shink back to full health for training camp!

Love how when Shink scored against SJ, all of the sharks players were like who the eff was that.

I wonder how it will all play out this year, Shinkaruk better get given the 9 games, so that way he is 20 and we can send him to AHL instead of wasting him in the CHL for another year.

He's 20 and AHL eligible... we won't be sending him back to Juniors. The 9 game rule only applies to players who aren't AHL-eligible, so we'll be using the first year of his entry-level contract this year, regardless of whether he plays in the AHL or NHL.

Archived