The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Elite Hockey League - Apply Now!

Caboose

What's the deal with trades also.... surely pickup hockey has a trade system already in place? Seems silly to have to message someone.

The entire league is conducted over CDC and I input things into the pickup system.

League's based on off site forums historically have always failed.

i think 10 points for a goalie win are fair ....goals and assists should be minimum worthy 5 points

As of now if a player scores an even strength goal they get 4 points for the goal and 2 points for the plus rating for a total of 6 points. If a player scores a powerplay goal they get 4 points for the goal and an additional 1 point for the powerplay point for a total of 5 points.

The logic behind this is that an even strength goal is more difficult than a powerplay goal.

I think that the best option is HALF points for penalties, therefore a misconduct is still less than an even strength goal.

The entire league is conducted over CDC and I input things into the pickup system.

League's based on off site forums historically have always failed.

Ok - again, open mind. Just seems a bit weird to abandon all the amazing advancements in Hockey pools. But again, I'll play hard either way. Just pointing out a few thoughts.

Ok - again, open mind. Just seems a bit weird to abandon all the amazing advancements in Hockey pools. But again, I'll play hard either way. Just pointing out a few thoughts.

CDC is still in the spreadsheet era of hockey pools.

As of now if a player scores an even strength goal they get 4 points for the goal and 2 points for the plus rating for a total of 6 points. If a player scores a powerplay goal they get 4 points for the goal and an additional 1 point for the powerplay point for a total of 5 points.

The logic behind this is that an even strength goal is more difficult than a powerplay goal.

I think that the best option is HALF points for penalties, therefore a misconduct is still less than an even strength goal.

this would be okay

I gracefully resign as GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

I won't have time to manage this team due to this leagues epic spreadsheet / 10 years outdated way of tracking.

It's probably fun for some, but that sounds terrible to me.

Enjoy the year guys and gals.

Sorry to see you go, I was excited about working with you.

I won't have time to manage this team due to this leagues epic spreadsheet / 10 years outdated way of tracking.

:lol:

Alright, see ya.

All you do is pick your team and the commissioner inputs it all on the spreadsheet/pickuphockey...

You make it seem way more difficult than it really is.. This is the same format being used by CDCFL and I'm sure CDCGML, all the players are spreadsheeted and all trade and contract negotiations are done via PM on CDC. All points are taken care of by pickup, its really not a hard system.

All you do is pick your team and the commissioner inputs it all on the spreadsheet/pickuphockey...

What about moving players up and down the roster out of bench spots / making trades / picking up and dropping free agents - using stats trackers to organize prospects....

I just see no point - Might as well use one of the big 3 hockey pool engines that exist. They are light years ahead.

Archived