The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[nba] Raptors Playoff thread.

Tom Sestito

Valanciunas has superstar potential. He's got raw ability. He needs to work on his tendencies, as well as his mid range shot.

He's only 21, and he's averaged 14 and 14 in the three prior games.

Even if they get bumped in the first round, they've got 5-6 years at the least out of this core of players to add on to.

Val is 21, Ross is 23, Derozan is 24, Patterson just turned 25, and Johnson is 26.

Lowry and Vasquez is a great tandem, although a lot closer to 30 than the aforementioned.

Valanciunas has superstar potential. He's got raw ability. He needs to work on his tendencies, as well as his mid range shot.

Even if they get bumped in the first round, they've got 5-6 years at the least out of this core of players to add on to.

Val is 21, Ross is 23, Derozan is 24, Patterson just turned 25, and Johnson is 26.

Lowry and Vasquez is a great tandem, although a lot closer to 30 than the aforementioned.

i know they have such a great looking future

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but i've flipped to the game and watched a bit.

I don't fully understand basketball but wow.....absolutely everything is a foul. There was one on Vallencuinas (sp?) where he was driving to the net in the paint and on his 2nd step, he bumped Paul Pierce and got an offensive foul? How was he to know Pierce was going to plant his feet after he made his drive to the net?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've watched a lot of the basketball features on 30 for 30 and it seems as if they used to let a LOT go. Was basketball hit with a bunch of lame rules like the 'new' NHL?

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but i've flipped to the game and watched a bit.

I don't fully understand basketball but wow.....absolutely everything is a foul. There was one on Vallencuinas (sp?) where he was driving to the net in the paint and on his 2nd step, he bumped Paul Pierce and got an offensive foul? How was he to know Pierce was going to plant his feet after he made his drive to the net?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i've watched a lot of the basketball features on 30 for 30 and it seems as if they used to let a LOT go. Was basketball hit with a bunch of lame rules like the 'new' NHL?

Like every sport, it's gotten a lot tighter called. Also, the referees have been giving a lot of free passes, etc, to Pierce and Garnett.

Both are deserving future HOF'ers, but the fact that Garnett went 19-20 minutes today without a foul called on him is bullshit with the way he plays.

We the North.

It'll take a series or two to keep Lowry and Patterson in Toronto.

If they weren't confident in their ability to resign Lowry, they would have traded him at the deadline no matter where they were in the standings.

They've repeatedly said this year is about growing and they have no pressure etc.

They didn't keep Lowry with the intention of begging him to stay and to get the playoff revenue. They're fully confident in it.

Patterson might leave, I wouldn't be shocked. He's got starter abilities.

Good stretch four. Always loved using him in 2k13 lol. Still do in 2k14

I think the NBA thread is enough but whatever.

What the hell is the deal with Terrence Ross? With the tighter d he has gone incognito.

I know he is a playoff rookie and the intensity is probably making him over think instead of just playing.

He needs to throw down some dunks or something to get his confidence going next game at home.

The energy from the crowd would really help him get going if he can make some shots early.

They need his energy and shooting even if it is in spurts off the bench. He needs to take a page from DeRozan when his shot wasn't falling the whole second half but he still hustled and d'ed up.

Oh yeah #BUCKFROOKLYN #RTZ #WETHENORTH #CANADASTEAM

I think that covers most of the bases...

If they weren't confident in their ability to resign Lowry, they would have traded him at the deadline no matter where they were in the standings.

They've repeatedly said this year is about growing and they have no pressure etc.

They didn't keep Lowry with the intention of begging him to stay and to get the playoff revenue. They're fully confident in it.

Patterson might leave, I wouldn't be shocked. He's got starter abilities.

Good stretch four. Always loved using him in 2k13 lol. Still do in 2k14

I would like to have Lowry stay in town and we might have a team of great guys, but I'm nervous. Do you think Johnson is better than Patterson?

I think the NBA thread is enough but whatever.

What the hell is the deal with Terrence Ross? With the tighter d he has gone incognito.

I know he is a playoff rookie and the intensity is probably making him over think instead of just playing.

He needs to throw down some dunks or something to get his confidence going next game at home.

The energy from the crowd would really help him get going if he can make some shots early.

They need his energy and shooting even if it is in spurts off the bench. He needs to take a page from DeRozan when his shot wasn't falling the whole second half but he still hustled and d'ed up.

Oh yeah #BUCKFROOKLYN #RTZ #WETHENORTH #CANADASTEAM

I think that covers most of the bases...

He has completely lost it right now. He doesn't shoot, which I thought would never happen. His perimeter D is solid, but Joe Johnson has been destroying him and putting him into foul trouble. He's just not a great match against Brooklyn's roster.

This has been okay until now because Vasquez has been good, but Lowry is playing thru a lot of pain and they really need to win in six. The three-guard system is beating the Nets so they just need Ross to come in and save the day.

I would like to have Lowry stay in town and we might have a team of great guys, but I'm nervous. Do you think Johnson is better than Patterson?

He has completely lost it right now. He doesn't shoot, which I thought would never happen. His perimeter D is solid, but Joe Johnson has been destroying him and putting him into foul trouble. He's just not a great match against Brooklyn's roster.

That's too bad especially seeing a raw rookie from the d-leauge come in for Houston in Troy Daniels and make big baskets at times.

He had the clutch game winner for them last game and made 3 huge free throws to give them a chance down the stretch to try to win in overtime.

Archived