The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[nba] Raptors Playoff thread.

Tom Sestito

Ya the final play was what it was. Not the greatest choice by Casey, I was hoping there would be a call since 3 guys stepped infront of/into Lowry, but that's not what cost ultimately them the game. Bad rebounding & biased officiating.

Whenever the Raps would gain some momentum throughout the game there would be a bad call that would put them back behind the 8 ball. Then they would struggle to gain that momentum back (bad defensively, bad with rebounds)

We got a great team, alot to look forward too, just hopefully we make the playoffs & this same thing doesn't happen again next season.

Whatever. It will be Heat vs Spurs again. Duncan to win one more title.

Bring back a nba team to vancouver!

Clippers perhaps.

Lol the clippers aren't going to be available outside of la.

The bucks will move within 3 years unless they get a new arena. I think the timberwolves might move as well.

Dang, tough way to lose Game 7 by the closest of margins. The team's looking pretty good going forward though, and hopefully Lowry will choose to stay with this team because he's a very important part of the team going forward along with Jonas and DeMar. And to think that they were planning to tank after trading Rudy, but to win all those games and ultimately the division, is definitely quite inspiring to see.

Tough loss.

They need Jonas and T.Ross to take their games to another level next year.

If they can get a third consistent scoring threat it will be huge to go along with DeMar and Lowry.

Plus they need a true sixth man to come off the bench and provide scoring and energy.

Novak, Fields, and Salmons were terrible. Need a legit threat off the bench with Vasquez.

Nate Robinson would fit this team and it's up tempo system perfectly. He can do what Ross is supposed to be capable of.

Plus bring that veteran intensity and swagger. Ross would benefit greatly from learning from Robinson.

Tough loss.

They need Jonas and T.Ross to take their games to another level next year.

If they can get a third consistent scoring threat it will be huge to go along with DeMar and Lowry.

Plus they need a true sixth man to come off the bench and provide scoring and energy.

Novak, Fields, and Salmons were terrible. Need a legit threat off the bench with Vasquez.

Nate Robinson would fit this team and it's up tempo system perfectly. He can do what Ross is supposed to be capable of.

Plus bring that veteran intensity and swagger. Ross would benefit greatly from learning from Robinson.

Ross and Jonas will continue growing they are both only sophmores.

I do agree we need a guy that can score off the bench but not really someone like Nate, though he would be nice I think we need more of a wing player, someone like JJ Reddick/Gordon Hayward/Jamal Crawdord(lol i wish) also a better backup center is needed. Someone who can score in the post would be awesome.

Ross and Jonas will continue growing they are both only sophmores.

I do agree we need a guy that can score off the bench but not really someone like Nate, though he would be nice I think we need more of a wing player, someone like JJ Reddick/Gordon Hayward/Jamal Crawdord(lol i wish) also a better backup center is needed. Someone who can score in the post would be awesome.

Amir maybe if he puts more focus on that over the summer could be that guy in the post up game. Patterson if they can keep him is a good stretch 4 off the bench and can score along with Vasquez.

Either Ross or Jonas being consistent next year would greatly help. Jonas should train with Hakeem Olajuwon and develop his post up game while putting on more muscle.

As for center maybe they can take Sim Bhullar. Guy is absolutely massive at 7 foot 5 and 350 pounds in the second round or sign him as an un-drafted player as a project to come off the bench.

He needs to lose some weight to get quicker and keep up with the NBA pace. He is raw but you can't find that size though.

Plus he is from Toronto. Would be a big story if the Raptors acquired him would be first player of Indian decent in the NBA I believe too.

Amir maybe if he puts more focus on that over the summer could be that guy in the post up game. Patterson if they can keep him is a good stretch 4 off the bench and can score along with Vasquez.

Either Ross or Jonas being consistent next year would greatly help. Jonas should train with Hakeem Olajuwon and develop his post up game while putting on more muscle.

As for center maybe they can take Sim Bhullar. Guy is absolutely massive at 7 foot 5 and 350 pounds in the second round or sign him as an un-drafted player as a project to come off the bench.

He needs to lose some weight to get quicker and keep up with the NBA pace. He is raw but you can't find that size though.

Plus he is from Toronto. Would be a big story if the Raptors acquired him would be first player of Indian decent in the NBA I believe too.

Good god no. He's way too big a project that needs D-league time. there's some european centers the raptors would be miuch better off with drafting.

God no to Bhullar. I guess if he goes undrafted it wouldn't hurt, but I watched a few of his games and all that guy is is 7'5. No post skills, no athleticism and constantly gets in foul trouble within the first 10 minutes.

The better option if you want a local kid is to give up a second or two over the next few years to trade up a few spots and take Stauskas. Kid may not ever be a superstar, but he could be J.J. Redick which would be a great add to have coming off the bench, or a spot starter. As well as would sell tickets and jerseys being from the area

Need a starting small forward. Ross is too small and not big enough. Same with Derozan. To put a body on guys like Johnson, Lebron, Pierce etc....need that 6'8 type of guy who can stretch the floor as well. Ariza is a ufa!

Toronto doesn't need anything. They are extremely talented. (Ok that's probably a boost and I'm not even a Raptors fan but the club is talented)

http://www.ibtimes.com/nba-rigged-ex-referee-tim-donaghy-claims-nba-instructed-officials-favor-nets-over-raptors-1575437

There. The series was rigged. Pretty pathetic tbh. Reminds me of a certain TBL MTL playoff series.

What they need is to play in the USA to advance apparently.

Archived