The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Sestito

Kevo882

What does everyone think we should do with Tom Sestito? I personally think the guy is a useless goon who can't skate or do anything but fight. We need to get rid of him somehow but he's got another year left on his contract. Buy out? Trade? We've got Lain coming up who is similar size but is a much more well-rounded player.

Hopefully Torts' training camp was a wake up call and he actually gets into NHL level shape coming into next season. If he had better conditioning he'd be a decent fourth liner. As it stands, he's too slow the Canucks get killed when he's on the ice.

If the Canucks actually want to roll 4 lines, Sestito cannot be a fixture on the forth line...unless their definition of rolling 4 lines means them playing 6 minutes a night.

What does everyone think we should do with Tom Sestito? I personally think the guy is a useless goon who can't skate or do anything but fight. We need to get rid of him somehow but he's got another year left on his contract. Buy out? Trade? We've got Lain coming up who is similar size but is a much more well-rounded player.

I have mixed feelings about Sestito...he's a turtle who has a hard time getting to where he has to get to to make a hit, but at times, he seems to have decent hockey sense and knows how to position himself. As a fighter, for as big as he is, he's a punching bag, but he's a gamer and sticks up for his teammates, which is always a good thing.

If we are so lucky and have a team that rolls four lines, I don't think there's a spot for him on the roster...but he is an adequate role player who can play 6-7 minutes per game.

Archived