The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Torts Fired

Strombone1

Breaking_Header.jpg

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN

BREAKING - John Tortorella will be fired by #canucks tomorrow

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden announced today that Head Coach John Tortorella and Assistant Coach Mike Sullivan have been relieved of their coaching duties. “Today we are making an important change in the direction of our team,” said Linden. “On behalf of the entire organization, we extend our thanks to John, Mike and their families for their commitment to the Canucks and wish them the very best.” “We have a lot of important work to accomplish this off-season as we build our management and coaching staff, improve our roster and connect with our fans,” added Linden. “Our General Manager search is well underway and we will begin assessing head coaching candidates immediately.”

- Linden: "Imperative" new GM picks the Canucks head coach with his own ability.

- Linden says he is still downloading info on coaching staff. Has a great deal of respect for Tortorella.

That is really odd considering Linden just said that today...thought GM would choose? :s

Anyways, we'll see if this is indeed true and if so, hope we don't turn into Oilers 2.0 switching coaches so often. People have short memories, forget we were a top team up until December where injuries shattered us. Still think Torts deserved another shot but I guess it's business if true.

Wow, shocker? Kinda.

Trotz would be my guy to hire next, played behind a team with only defense, goaltending and yet he still does alright with them, give him a better team and I bet he'll do good.

Archived