The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crawford or Quinn?

Snake Doctor

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you serious about Quinn as a possible choice? Guy can hardly walk without a walker for his ring of honour ceremony. Respect Quinn but to quote the outgoing coach this is a 'young man's game' ... a bit of truth even in the coaching position.

Your list is terrible! No retread coaches, find a young and upcoming, let the team grow with him. Blashill if Det gives Linden permission.

Rumors were Crow was a hard nosed coach and pushed the team hard. Will players see that as good thing after Torts? Quinn is to old to coach, I would see him more of adviser.

I love Pat Quinn. However, after seeing him at his last few public appearances, he is in now shape to be coaching. I'm also a Crawfoed fan, and I hope he gets another crack at the NHL (San Jose???), but we've been there and done that. It's time for someone new.

I'd like to see Crawford back, the team played an exciting style of hockey under his leadership. As for Trotz, he's a good coach but not a fit for this team. Guletsin (sp?) anyway, the other Canucks assistant is still around I think and may get a look as well.

For those who wants Crawford, what are you smoking? No more candidates for coaches who are riding on winning a Stanley Cup 10+ years ago.

Just for those who have short memory. After Crawford left Vancouver, he went to LA for 2 seasons, missed playoffs for both and was fired. Then he went to Dallas for 2 seasons and missed playoffs for both and was fired.

Seriously, what is it about Crawford that you've seen that gets you all excited about having him come back?

I agree that Pat Quinn (with the greatest of respect and affection) is now too old to coach again and I don't think bringing Crawford back would be a wise move.

I'd like to see Dan Bylsma or Mike Babcock coming here, but that would be dependent on one being sacked.

I'm not at all sure about any of the Assistant Coaches in the NHL, but maybe there is an Assistant somewhere who is ready to move up to Head Coach.

Is there a young(ish) former Head Coach who might be available?

Someone who knows how to organise a Power Play would be a good start!!!!

Didn't Marc Crawford also inherit the likes of Dan Cloutier, and the LA Kings just weren't very good at the time. When coaching the Stars, he took over a bottom feeder and in his second year coached them to 42-29-11, which is better than the Canucks this year. The team missed the playoffs by 2 points but he got fired anyway. Crawford is a good coach, you CAN'T BLAME EVERYTHING ON A COACH. The WCE era were some of the most exciting Canucks hockey I can remember.

Archived