The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dale Tallon activley shopping 1st overall pick

Oh I am sorry. You weren't?

I didn't get that when you USED MY NAME.

You're running with a rumour in the face of words from the GMs mouths.

Don't let that stop you from calling out others for following rumours though

Others will debate, guys like you, absent and Elvis immediately jump on people when they say that trades are lop-sided.

I use you 3 because you guys put time and value in your posts but instantly jump on people for a different opinion.

Horvat and Shinkaruk should be off limits. They have the most potential. If that's what the first costs, then just stay with the 6th. I hate how people underrate what we could get at 6th.

Please, Benning, don't give up Horvat or Shinkaruk!

They don't need centres and the don't want prospects (they want ready, NHL players, primarily D or 2 way forwards). Schroeder is still basically a prospect and fits none of those criteria. He also has very little value currently.

Ok, fair enough. But I do think he is NHL ready; he is a point-every-three-games player with limited ice time, and I think the main reason we didn't play him is because we already didn't have enough size in our lineup.

Regardless, I think we have the additional assets to facilitate a trade for the #1... even if they don't include Schroeder.

So Talon wants our 6th, and two-way forwards and/or defensemen.

Plus he probably wants to cap dump Jovo.

Does this also mean he has given up on Gudbranson?

Well then, Mr. Vancouver-Canucks-First-Ever-Draft-Pick, how 'bout:

From Florida: 1st overall + Jovo + Gudbranson, for

From Vancouver: 6th + Hansen + Stanton (remember Jovo is a cap dump so he goes on our side of the Scales of Trading).

That leaves us Schroeder to add to Kesler for Anaheim when we ask for:

From Anaheim: 10th (Ottawa's) + 24th (Anaheim's) + 2/3 of Bonino/Theodore/Laganiere.

Edmonton needs help now, not more newly-drafted hopefuls.

Maybe they would take Corrado, Weber, Lain, and Anaheim's 24th for their 3rd overall?

They might even have a use for Jovo.

That would leave us with the 1st, 3rd, and 10th.

Negotiate with Buffalo to learn what they are trying to do this year and next.

Tell them we want Ekblad and Reinhart; maybe they want Bennett.

Offer our 2nd rounder (36th overall) for example, to them to take Bennett 2nd overall.

That way in this draft, we get Ekblad (seriously need a top D prospect in the system), Reinhart (for all the reasons), and one of Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Richie, Nylander, Ehlers, or Virtanen.

We will have traded away Kesler, Schroeder, our 6th, our 36th, Hansen, Stanton, Corrado, Weber, and Lain.

We will get Ekblad, Reinhart, Richie(e.g.), Gudbranson, Bonino, Theodore (or Laganiere), and Jovo (if Edmonton doesn't want him).

Others will debate, guys like you, absent and Elvis immediately jump on people when they say that trades are lop-sided.

I use you 3 because you guys put time and value in your posts but instantly jump on people for a different opinion.

First things first, don't lump us in with Absent.

Second, if we have an opinion that differs then it's not jumping on anyone, it's explaining our position. You don't agree? Fine, I don't tell people you're jumping all over our proposals when you respond that they're lopsided.

Sounds like speculation and nothing more. Friedman is not really an "insider" like the TSN guys. Anyways, wouldn't want to trade Shinkaruk plus the 6th for the first over-all. No point trading away prospects in our position.

Well, considering he talks with GMs, coaches, players, etc. all the time I'd say he's pretty much an insider. He has been reliable in his information so I wouldn't have any issue with rumours and speculation he comes up with. Take everything with a grain of salt, but Friedman is up there with other insiders.

Second, if we have an opinion that differs then it's not jumping on anyone, it's explaining our position. You don't agree? Fine, I don't tell people you're jumping all over our proposals when you respond that they're lopsided.

get em elvis!

I just have him or her on permanent ignore now

Well then, Mr. Vancouver-Canucks-First-Ever-Draft-Pick, how 'bout:

From Florida: 1st overall + Jovo + Gudbranson, for

From Vancouver: 6th + Hansen + Stanton (remember Jovo is a cap dump so he goes on our side of the Scales of Trading).

What did you smoke this morning?

Yea lets trade Shinkaruk literally our best prospect to move up 5 positions I can't imagine JB offered that especially because he is suppose to be a scout, if he did? fire him. That is just unforgivable.

I would trade Horvat + 6 I would not even consider Shinkaruk, you can tell that Shinkaruk is going to a star in this league.

get em elvis!

You just really wanted me to quote you, didn't you?

I just have him or her on permanent ignore now

Strome's been trying to make some points so I haven't yet - unless you meant Absent who of course I've had on ignore for some time.

But, back on topic: There has been way more smoke this year (not to mention sparks and even a few flames) around the trading of the first overall to think it's just Florida fishing for offers. They genuinely seem to want to trade the pick, and I think we can make a package as interesting as anyone else since we hold the 6th overall.

The Islanders want help now and the Edmonton rumours of moving up have died off, so I don't see either moving for the 1st overall. Carolina I don't think wants to pay the price to move. That leaves Calgary and Toronto, but I think Toronto with the 8th overall (at the limit of what Florida wants) is very much on the outside of being able to get the pick unless they really wow with the other pieces included. I haven't really heard of any offers from Calgary either but I wouldn't count them out either, so I think we have a legitimate chance at trading for the 1st with a reasonable offer.

Yea lets trade Shinkaruk literally our best prospect to move up 5 positions I can't imagine JB offered that especially because he is suppose to be a scout, if he did? fire him. That is just unforgivable.

I would trade Horvat + 6 I would not even consider Shinkaruk, you can tell that Shinkaruk is going to a star in this league.

:picard:

Added bolding for clarity on that last one.

You just really wanted me to quote you, didn't you?

Strome's been trying to make some points so I haven't yet - unless you meant Absent who of course I've had on ignore for some time.

But, back on topic: There has been way more smoke this year (not to mention sparks and even a few flames) around the trading of the first overall to think it's just Florida fishing for offers. They genuinely seem to want to trade the pick, and I think we can make a package as interesting as anyone else since we hold the 6th overall.

The Islanders want help now and the Edmonton rumours of moving up have died off, so I don't see either moving for the 1st overall. Carolina I don't think wants to pay the price to move. That leaves Calgary and Toronto, but I think Toronto with the 8th overall (at the limit of what Florida wants) is very much on the outside of being able to get the pick unless they really wow with the other pieces included. I haven't really heard of any offers from Calgary either but I wouldn't count them out either, so I think we have a legitimate chance at trading for the 1st with a reasonable offer.

I don't know why you're face palming me Shinkaruk has speed, skill and can snipe goals along with having a great attitude and great leadership skills. This is the type of guy that every team wants on their team you can just tell he is going to make it and be a star he's got something about him and the fact he fell right into our lap when he was projected to go 10-15, some even had him listed in the top 10, is even more of a reason to keep him.

I agree with peaches, I rather still draft a good prospect, keep Shinkaruk, and get the assets Kesler brings in. Shinkaruk has 1st line potential and the top 6-7 in this draft have high top 6 potential aswell.

Guest Dasein

I don't know why you're face palming me Shinkaruk has speed, skill and can snipe goals along with having a great attitude and great leadership skills. This is the type of guy that every team wants on their team you can just tell he is going to make it and be a star he's got something about him and the fact he fell right into our lap when he was projected to go 10-15, some even had him listed in the top 10, is even more of a reason to keep him.

I agree with peaches, I rather still draft a good prospect, keep Shinkaruk, and get the assets Kesler brings in. Shinkaruk has 1st line potential and the top 6-7 in this draft have high top 6 potential aswell.

I think it's because Peaches said they'd do Horvat + 6th but never Shinkaruk + 6th.

Depending on what you value more - a solid 2-way center whose is likely to reach his potential or a flashy offensive winger with a high ceiling that isn't as likely to be reached.

I agree that Shinkaruk has a chance to be something Horvat can't be - a point-producing star in this league. But I also think, like most people, that guys like Horvat are the guys that you win championships with. So it really depends on whether you think Shinkaruk can reach his full potential, and whether that is more beneficial to the team than a solid 2-way center.

I don't really have an answer to that, but I do think Reinhart has a good chance to be both a point-producing star and a solid 2-way center. I would rather not give up either of our top two prospects, but that's unrealistic when you are trying to pry a #1 pick from a team. I don't really have a huge opinion anymore on who we should trade instead of who and so on, but all I know is that I really want us to get that #1 pick.

well it seems sad if you out it that way. I've just been waiting for someone to silence this guy. im happy its you.

Haha, just joking after your other reply when I quoted you previously. Glad I could help though.

I think it's because Peaches said they'd do Horvat + 6th but never Shinkaruk + 6th.

Absolutely that.

Depending on what you value more - a solid 2-way center whose is likely to reach his potential or a flashy offensive winger with a high ceiling that isn't as likely to be reached.

I agree that Shinkaruk has a chance to be something Horvat can't be - a point-producing star in this league. But I also think, like most people, that guys like Horvat are the guys that you win championships with. So it really depends on whether you think Shinkaruk can reach his full potential, and whether that is more beneficial to the team than a solid 2-way center.

I don't really have an answer to that, but I do think Reinhart has a good chance to be both a point-producing star and a solid 2-way center. I would rather not give up either of our top two prospects, but that's unrealistic when you are trying to pry a #1 pick from a team. I don't really have a huge opinion anymore on who we should trade instead of who and so on, but all I know is that I really want us to get that #1 pick.

From the games I've watched of both Horvat and Shinkaruk, not a large amount I'll admit, Horvat has not been that impressive, his skating is not that great and he was invisible on the ice most of the time. Shinkaruk you know when he is on the ice every shift and then in the preseason with Vancouver he was by far the best looking prospect. I don't think he is going to have any issues becoming a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL in the next 5 years.

Archived